PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Jewelry

boilermakermom
05-06-2017, 04:17 PM
In my quest for updating my wardrobe, it occurred to me I don't have any current fashion jewelry. Where do you pick up fashion jewelry? Statement necklace, longer pendant necklace, earrings, etc. Nothing super pricey.

Thanks!

bcafe
05-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Charming Charlie is good for costume jewelry.

ilfaith
05-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Loft, Banana, Ann Taylor...and because I live near an outlet mall, the outlets for the aforementioned stores (as well as J. Crew, although I am not a fan of their more plastic-y looking stuff).

I also have a few friends who sell MLM lines like Silpada, Chloe + Isabel, or Stella and Dot, and I pick up the occasional piece from them.

SnuggleBuggles
05-06-2017, 11:54 PM
Charming Charlie's
Macy's
Kohls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neatfreak
05-07-2017, 01:20 AM
On occasion, I've found pretty necklaces at Old Navy, too!

abh5e8
05-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Poor e

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Twin Mom
05-10-2017, 11:52 PM
I try to keep my costume jewelry purchases under $15 per item. That said, lately I've been buying a few pieces at Forever 21. Don't let the cheesiness on the website dissuade you. I saw a few pieces on clearance when I was at the mall a week or so ago but didn't have time to really look. Went back a few days later to pick through what was left. Based on the sale prices I think the total for 4 necklaces would have been around $22. They were all marked down to less than $6.99 each piece (original prices probably all under $15 each). When I went to pay each necklace rang up at $1.99. I wore one yesterday and sent the picture to my mom (attached). I think it definitely could pass for something at a more expensive store!

I also have bought at Target and on clearance at Banana or J. Crew.

My 40+ year old friends and I also buy jeans at Forever 21. You can't beat $7.90 a pair. They do have more expensive jeans but I usually try to keep it to the $7.90 or $9.90 price point. I've bought some for my DD too or she wears mine!

mom2binsd
05-11-2017, 10:20 PM
I agree with others, Charming Charlie has some great pieces, and not expensive!

Kohl's is also good, especially with a coupon!

Do not spend a lot on a statement piece, like 20.00 is the max, unless money is no object!

ourbabygirl
05-11-2017, 10:47 PM
I've never heard of Charming Charlie's, but will have to look into that! Is it B&M, online, or both?

I like Banana Republic (when they have 40% off), Target, sometimes Loft, and BP (Nordstrom).

mom2binsd
05-12-2017, 01:37 AM
Charming Charlies is a huge accessories store, it sells costume jewelry, some clothing, mugs, gift items for women. It's organized by color and is huge!!! Not expensive but honestly, for the statement/trendy type of jewelry it's perfect. I could spend ages in that store! Not sure if they are online, but the store itself is an experience!