PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this bathing suit?

trcy
06-21-2017, 08:24 PM
https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-scoopneck-tankini-top/id_305578?sku_0=::HFG
I always put functionality above style, but is this going too far? I already have the swim shorts and am still wearing my maternity tankini top from when I was pregnant with DS.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

SnuggleBuggles
06-21-2017, 08:28 PM
I try to find tops that don't look like plain tank tops as I wear enough of those. :) But, if you're drawn to this, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georgiegirl
06-21-2017, 08:44 PM
It's okay. I prefer the look of halter tankini tops.

essnce629
06-22-2017, 02:45 AM
It's okay. I prefer the look of halter tankini tops.
I agree. I helped my mom pick out a tankini and in the end we both agreed that halter style tops were way more flattering.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

trcy
06-22-2017, 07:24 AM
So maybe this?
https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-v-neck-halter-tankini-top/id_307032?sku_0=::2SU
My issue with halter tops (which is what I currently have) is that I am larger on top and I feel like it's too much cleavage. This one comes in a D cup, so maybe that will help.

SnuggleBuggles
06-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Much better. Enjoy showing off the cleavage. :) LE ones are cut modestly. You won't be showing off too much. If you think you are, just look around the pool. You'll likely find everyone is showing some.

KrisM
06-22-2017, 09:00 AM
I'd pick the first. I can't stand the knot on the back of my neck with the halter style. It hurts.

ang79
06-22-2017, 10:44 AM
All three of my swim suits (all from Old navy) are halter style. I'm small chested, but I feel like they are more attractive than a basic tank style.

Percycat
06-22-2017, 11:02 AM
I can't open the links to see the suit tops you are considering, but I love the lands end tank style tankini's -- particularly for days at the water park/amusement park. They look close enough to a shirt that I feel comfortable wearing them as my top in the amusement side of the park and they are comfortable to wear while enjoying all of the water rides on the water park side.

AnnieW625
06-22-2017, 11:51 AM
The only time I hated halter suits was when I had a toddler pulling at me in the pool or beach.

I like the print on the second one vs. the polka dots, but might like the polka dots better on a halter style top.

I would look at Boden, and Athleta as well.

HannaAddict
06-22-2017, 11:53 AM
It looks like a shorts outfit to me and wouldn't be my choice. But it really is what you feel comfortable with and nothing is wrong with it.

baymom
06-22-2017, 11:58 AM
I liked the first one better, just because I find halter tops to be uncomfortable. Also, since I don't generally wear tank tops alone, that style still 'feels' like a swimming suit, to me.

gymnbomb
06-22-2017, 01:40 PM
I would think the second top was really cute if I saw someone else wearing it, but would choose the first one for myself. I personally am not comfortable with how low cut most halter styles are (on me, I think they look fine on other people, I just like more coverage), but I know I'm probably in the minority there :)

bcafe
06-22-2017, 06:50 PM
I love the look of a halter, whether a tankini or a bikini, but the straps pull on my neck so I can no longer do them.

TwinFoxes
06-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Halters bother my neck too. But I think there are tops that are less regular tank top looking that would be cuter. I like the polka-dots, I think they're cute. :)

specialp
06-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Both would work. I like the polka dot, but not the color and prefer halter style. I play hard with my kids in the water and always wear black bottoms so I shy away from black tops. Tops outlive the bottoms so I keep the bottoms the same color to simplify. I’m smaller frame and smaller bust so halter styles are far more flattering on me. (I love la blanca tops with swim shorts). My middle sister is broad shoulder large bust w/ smaller hips and legs and tank styles look amazingly good on her and tend to even her out.

essnce629
06-23-2017, 03:43 AM
I definitely like the second tankini top better.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday
06-23-2017, 10:12 AM
... I personally am not comfortable with how low cut most halter styles are (on me, I think they look fine on other people, I just like more coverage), but I know I'm probably in the minority there :)

Nope, you're not in the minority. I like the idea of halter styles, and have worn them successfully in the past, but I kind of hate them in swimsuits.

trcy
06-23-2017, 12:07 PM
So I ordered the halter style. Hopefully it has enough coverage that I feel comfortable, but if not, I will just return it and other the other one. Thanks for all of your input!