PDA

View Full Version : First visit to American Girl store

ang79
06-25-2017, 11:29 PM
We are visiting family near Charlotte, NC and I'd like to take the girls to the AG store on Tuesday, as we have never been to one before. They have their AG dolls with them. One has my old Samantha doll (an original Pleasant Co. doll), the other has my cousin's doll (I think it is one of the Just Like You dolls) so it is probably about 10-12 years old. Their hair is not the easiest to care for anymore (brittle, tangly), especially Samantha's. If I take them to the doll salon will they be able to make the hair smoother and easier for the girls to brush? Right now I brush out Samantha's and keep it in a low braid so that it doesn't become a tangled knot. Also, is it worth it to get the spa treatment where they "wash" the arms, face, legs? Both dolls show love and wear and have some faint marks on their limbs.

I also told the girls that we can have lunch at the bistro for something special. The dolls can sit next to them do that, right? Do I have to make reservations in advance? They would like to do the afternoon tea around 2pm , but are ok with just eating in the bistro if we can't do that.

How much time should I plan for to be in the store if we are doing hair and/or salon and eating? Any other tips I should know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmsmom
06-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Yes, they can make the hair nice again and yes you need a reservation for tea or lunch or anything in the cafe. The dolls can sit with them at cafe. Plan to spend 2 hours there.

mom2binsd
06-26-2017, 12:07 AM
You can also book a personal shopper, there is no charge and it's nice to have someone who helps coordinate the spa or hair appointments, they know the store inside and out and it's also pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ang79
06-26-2017, 12:16 AM
You can also book a personal shopper, there is no charge and it's nice to have someone who helps coordinate the spa or hair appointments, they know the store inside and out and it's also pretty cool!

Will they pressure us to buy stuff? Not really planning on shopping much, just goi g for the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
06-26-2017, 02:52 AM
Nope, ours in Chicago was just helpful, she also let DS hang out in the lounge and okay on the iPad instead of him having to walk around the store. She made the girls feel extremely important.

vonfirmath
06-26-2017, 10:20 AM

They have gotten rid of most of their personal shoppers. So you can try to book one, but it will be dependent on whether the store has any anymore.