PDA

View Full Version : Ziplining or paragliding!

bisous
06-26-2017, 12:20 AM
My sister wants me to choose one or the other. She's spoiling me as I will soon be making my way up to help her celebrate her wedding reception. :)

For the record, BOTH of these are extremely far outside of my usual means of enjoying myself. Usually on vacation I'm more into sleeping in, touring museums, and eating out!

I'm not technically afraid of heights but I'm not a thrill seeker. My sister has done the zipline thing many times before. That honestly sounds a little less scary. Cognitively I'd like to think I'm cool enough not to get totally freaked out by paragliding but I"m not sure I'm actually that cool IRL, lol.

WWYD?

ellies mom
06-26-2017, 02:20 AM
I think zip lining would probably be a better match for you. It is an amazing experience but because you are hooked onto the line which is hooked on to something else, there will be less of a "please don't let this thing drop from the sky" feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
06-26-2017, 08:22 AM
Zip lining
You should look into a ropes course though. Most have zip lines integrated but there's more to do.

StantonHyde
06-26-2017, 09:54 AM
I am scared of heights and did ok with zip lining. It's fun!

gymnbomb
06-26-2017, 09:55 AM
I would say ziplining. Honestly I think I would be totally freaked out by paragliding (I'm totally freaked out by the idea of bungee jumping!) and I am a person who finds parasailing to be super peaceful and relaxing, and thinks skydiving is awesome.

bisous
06-26-2017, 11:35 AM
I think you're all right. I think I'd really enjoy ziplining! I'll let my sister know. :)

trcy
06-26-2017, 11:50 AM
I haven't done either, but zip lining sounds better to me. Have fun with whatever you choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

JElaineB
06-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Zip lining
You should look into a ropes course though. Most have zip lines integrated but there's more to do.

I did zip-lining in Jamaica during a cruise no problem, but was completely freaked out by a ropes course I tried a few days later. The hang in the air and glide was easy, trying to balance on ropes and small blocks of wood was not! I had to turn around and stop. Luckily is was on the ship so I didn't lose out on any money since it was included.