PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a cheap kid camera for overnight camp?

magnoliaparadise
06-30-2017, 08:17 AM
Hi,
I'm interested in an inexpensive camera for my DD (9) for overnight camp. (She is going second session). Does anyone have any suggestions?
For those of you with kids in overnight camp, did you send them with a camera?

Or did you just use a disposable? I'm not against them, but ugh, they are expensive by the time you buy them and the developed photos.

I'm looking for something that's a click and shoot so it is easy to use and has enough memory. I bought my kids those kiddie plastic ones when they were little (I can't remember the name, but just googled and I think it was Vtech Kidizoom? I bought it after a sale was posted on BBB!). I found that they didn't hold much memory. Either way, my 9 year old can handle something less plastic-y and sturdy now. I just don't want to spend too much money in case she loses it or breaks it.

Thanks in advance!

SnuggleBuggles
06-30-2017, 08:45 AM
I'm not sending my kid with a camera. Their camp is great about taking pictures and emails them to us daily.
eta- do you have a pre-smartphone digital camera sitting around? We have like 3. I'd use one of those if my kiddo wanted one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doberbrat
06-30-2017, 08:53 AM
Those kid ones we all got on sale a while back take awful pictures IMO

the camp dd1 is going to suggested a disposable - I'm sending an older model digital we got at a yard sale for $10. AFAIK, the disposable ones need to be developed and then you dont have digital pictures - I cant imagine going back to film at this point so I'm doing this as a compromise.

mmsmom
06-30-2017, 10:16 AM
I'm sending a used waterproof digital I got on Amazon for $40. You can check EBay too. Disposable means they can only take a certain number of pictures and I'm not sure my kids understand that concept!

AnnieW625
06-30-2017, 11:45 AM
If my kid were going to sleep away camp I would send her with her Fuji Polaroid camera. She is 11 and that seems to be the in thing. You can always scan the photos when she gets home. I don't think there will be much time for photo taking other than candids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vonfirmath
06-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Those kid ones we all got on sale a while back take awful pictures IMO

the camp dd1 is going to suggested a disposable - I'm sending an older model digital we got at a yard sale for $10. AFAIK, the disposable ones need to be developed and then you dont have digital pictures - I cant imagine going back to film at this point so I'm doing this as a compromise.

Agreed. My son wouldn't use it even to take to the zoo.

abh5e8
06-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Or an old smartphone? That is what my kids use.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk