PDA

View Full Version : Help with nut free snacks for camp

mmsmom
07-09-2017, 03:26 PM
DS is going to overnight camp and is allowed to bring snacks. They must be nut free and not processed in a facility with nuts. They also need to be individual packs and ok to be in a cabin with no AC. Sending snacks is optional but he has been eating like crazy this summer with swimming every day and I know he will be very active at camp too so I would like for him to have access to snacks. TIA!

doberbrat
07-09-2017, 03:41 PM
lil bites - those snack size muffins

gatorsmom
07-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Turkey and beef jerky. Can you send home-made trailmix? Instead of nuts mixed in you can substitute sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

mmsmom
07-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Turkey and beef jerky. Can you send home-made trailmix? Instead of nuts mixed in you can substitute sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

I should have mentioned he also just got braces so jerky is on the no list. I could do trail mix but the best part is the M & M's and they would melt :). Guess I could do just a cereal mix but need to know which ones are nut allergy safe.

SnuggleBuggles
07-09-2017, 08:09 PM
What about those bags of pretzel and cheese sandwiches? I'd probably just go down the aisles at Target or a grocery store with him, let him pick and read labels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoBees
07-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Shelf-stable applesauce, fruit sauce, and yogurt squeeze pouches. (http://www.gogosqueez.com/) Skinnypop popcorn. Bitsy's Brainfood crackers are nut free (at least some are, I cannot vouch for all flavors)) but I do not know about the facility in which they are processed. Nature's Bakery Fig Bars.

Tinkerbell313
07-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Rice krispy treats...the original ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindra178
07-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Skinny pop is a great rec. Try some enjoy life snack bars. As a mom of a nut allergic kid, I am disappointed that the camp has banned "processed in a facility." Nothing your child would eat that's "processed in a facility" would be harmful to a nut allergic child.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)