PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime Day

mackmama
07-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Anyone getting anything for a great price?

jgenie
07-11-2017, 10:33 AM
I was in the market for new reef flip flops and found some on sale. Ordered the lantern that lantern that's always popular here. That's it so far.

ETA: ordered a dot, a paper white and done Under Armor shirts for back to school. $2 cheaper than the outlet delivered to my door.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

♥ms.pacman♥
07-11-2017, 10:53 AM
DH went looking and turns out lots of places like Costco are having special one-day only deals on electronics, etc, i guess to try to compete with Amazon Prime Day. Dh found a 49" TV for a ridiculous price (they are taking $60 off today only, for costco members)..plus it's Costco so good return policy etc.

so far we didn't see any great deals on amazon on things we were already looking for. i would suggest that if you can't find anything on amazon you should check out other places like Costco and others to see if they are running deals today .

gymnbomb
07-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Anyone getting anything for a great price?

All we have ordered so far is a box of diapers, dishwasher detergent, and a pair of Keens that I am hoping will fit DS next summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georgiegirl
07-11-2017, 11:36 AM
Ordered DD flip flops (sanuk yoga mat ones), Bluetooth headphones and speaker for DS1 (it's his birthday next week), and two echo dots.

TwoBees
07-11-2017, 11:50 AM
More packing cubes.

mmsmom
07-11-2017, 11:51 AM
I got the Echo and 2 Dots for kids for Christmas. Although I'm wondering if there will be a new version by Christmastime.

gobadgers
07-11-2017, 11:53 AM
DH went looking and turns out lots of places like Costco are having special one-day only deals on electronics, etc, i guess to try to compete with Amazon Prime Day. Dh found a 49" TV for a ridiculous price (they are taking $60 off today only, for costco members)..plus it's Costco so good return policy etc.

Thanks for posting this! Our tv died last week and we were looking for a 49". This one looks like a great deal

PunkyBoo
07-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Micro Maxi Kick scooter goes live in abt 14 minutes.

jam224
07-11-2017, 12:13 PM
I bought 720 Water Wipes for $20ish with Alexa. I bought 3 Echo Dots, 2 for $35 each and 1 was $26ish with another Alexa promo. I bought a Paperwhite for $84ish shipped, also with an Alexa promo. Otherwise, it's just been random Lightning Deals.

calebsmama03
07-11-2017, 12:40 PM
I have yet to see anything that is actually a killer deal. I'm thinking this is a great marketing ploy for Amazon- it gets them free advertising (all the news stations have been talking about it for days here!) and the don't really lose anything on it.

JBaxter
07-11-2017, 12:44 PM
It is every year LOL

AnnieW625
07-11-2017, 12:52 PM
I haven't seen something I really need to have. I paid $90 for DD1's kindle Paperwhite in early April so they do have $30 off specials through out the year.

If my Cuisinart crockpot were to die I would get an instant pot, but not until then. I would like the Breville Toaster oven though, which isn't on special.

TwinFoxes
07-11-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm so tempted to buy another Echo. We have one, but for $89 I kind of want one for our bedroom. The 8QT Instantpot for $89 was a steal (I have one, or would have bought it). I did buy a mattress that has 3000 reviews and is almost 5 stars for just over $200, that's an amazing deal if it works out. The one thing I really wanted, an Anker wall charger for my iphone sold out shortly after 9pm. I had no idea they'd go that fast. I hope it comes back.

calebsmama03
07-11-2017, 01:07 PM
It is every year LOL

Seriously. It's a hyped up thing for nothing. Most of the random stuff I had in my cart increased in price significantly. Case in point, I had an iphone wallet case in my cart at $7.xx. Had been that price for ages. Last night I noticed it was a "prime day deal" coming up. Just checked - it is now $14.99 "plus prime day special 25% off". Are you freaking kidding me?! Such a scam. The prime day deal is still 25% MORE than the regular price! Only reason I hadn't bought it was because it was add on and I didn't have enough in my cart yet. If I didn't have the 6qt Instant pot I would actually buy that because $90 for the 8qt is awesome and I often run out of room in mine but I can't justify spending money when I have one.

Looks like mainly deals on amazon electronics. I don't understand the point of the echo/dot etc

calebsmama03
07-11-2017, 01:09 PM
I haven't seen something I really need to have. I paid $90 for DD1's kindle Paperwhite in early April so they do have $30 off specials through out the year.

If my Cuisinart crockpot were to die I would get an instant pot, but not until then. I would like the Breville Toaster oven though, which isn't on special.

I will say I have a crock pot and still use the IP. For my family it's worth having both but it depends on the way you cook.

JBaxter
07-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Seriously. It's a hyped up thing for nothing. Most of the random stuff I had in my cart increased in price significantly. Case in point, I had an iphone wallet case in my cart at $7.xx. Had been that price for ages. Last night I noticed it was a "prime day deal" coming up. Just checked - it is now $14.99 "plus prime day special 25% off". Are you freaking kidding me?! Such a scam. The prime day deal is still 25% MORE than the regular price! Only reason I hadn't bought it was because it was add on and I didn't have enough in my cart yet. If I didn't have the 6qt Instant pot I would actually buy that because $90 for the 8qt is awesome and I often run out of room in mine but I can't justify spending money when I have one.

Looks like mainly deals on amazon electronics. I don't understand the point of the echo/dot etc I got the Dot for my bedroom I listen to music when the kids are watching TV.

khm
07-11-2017, 01:34 PM
The Worst Deals From Amazon Prime Day [Updating] (http://gizmodo.com/the-worst-deals-from-amazon-prime-day-updating-1796794011)

:)

AnnieW625
07-11-2017, 01:58 PM
I will say I have a crock pot and still use the IP. For my family it's worth having both but it depends on the way you cook.

My kids aren't big on crock pot meals to begin with and tbh I don't need another appliance on my counter (although I did use my toaster oven fairly often when I had one pre kids and wouldn't mind a new one again) and I just don't think I am organized enough to prep everything before hand and then pop it in the instapot as soon as I get home so I would be doing all of the prep at the same time I am going to cook it so I just don't see myself buying into it. I have gotten into the habit of cooking the more labor intensive meals like a roast on the weekends and then having left overs throughout the week.

TwoBees
07-11-2017, 02:04 PM
I am totally on the fence about the IP. I really want to get it but I have a slow cooker and know I really don't need the IP - I would probably use it mostly as a slow cooker anyway since I need meals to be ready when I walk in the door. I am itching to get it just to try it out though.

jam224
07-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Oh! And we've been LOVING the Music Unlimited 4-month trial for $0.99!! :jammin:

umsh
07-11-2017, 02:20 PM
I'm so tempted to buy another Echo. We have one, but for $89 I kind of want one for our bedroom. The 8QT Instantpot for $89 was a steal (I have one, or would have bought it). I did buy a mattress that has 3000 reviews and is almost 5 stars for just over $200, that's an amazing deal if it works out. The one thing I really wanted, an Anker wall charger for my iphone sold out shortly after 9pm. I had no idea they'd go that fast. I hope it comes back.

Can you share a link to your mattress? I really need a good non foam mattress. Thanks!

SASM
07-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Not buying it because I already have one that I bought for the same price around the holidays BUT I think the Kindle Fire 7 is an AWESOME deal at $30!! I use it for e-book cookbooks, magazines, etc that I cannot easily read on my beloved Paperwhite.

My kids also use it for reading when we are at a restaurant and they forgot to bring a book. With Prime Video I borrow/download movies onto it for last minute entertainment as well...LOVE that feature.

It's seriously the best $30 I've spent in a long time!

TwinFoxes
07-11-2017, 03:26 PM
Can you share a link to your mattress? I really need a good non foam mattress. Thanks!

It's a foam mattress, but I'll link anyway. According to camelcamelcamel the cheapest it had ever been was $322. Right now it's showing out of stock, but the price is available.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EAG9X84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

umsh
07-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Thank you for the link...I'm ok with foam but DH is opposed to it (not sure why)...so many positive reviews may change his mind :)

MMMommy
07-12-2017, 12:03 AM
DH ordered the 8 quart IP for $89.99. Even though we already have the 6 quart IP which DH uses all the time, he wanted the larger sized one too. He loves to cook and finds the IP to be a lifesaver.

WatchingThemGrow
07-12-2017, 07:57 AM
DH ordered the 8 quart IP for $89.99. Even though we already have the 6 quart IP which DH uses all the time, he wanted the larger sized one too. He loves to cook and finds the IP to be a lifesaver.

Agreed!! We do sides in one (often together on manual for 4-6 min or one after the other!) and main dishes in the other. For a prep session, I love having 2! Hard boiled eggs, corn, potatoes, beans, more beans, rice, chicken breasts to cut up, sautéing some Italian sausage to go in a dish, a quick soup, etc. I am constantly using 2 at a time.

calebsmama03
07-12-2017, 06:33 PM

Looks like mainly deals on amazon electronics. I don't understand the point of the echo/dot etc

Aaaaand, now it's back to $7 add on. Prime day is a scam. Only thing I bought was a $25 gc for the $5 promo bonus. Oh well.

essnce629
07-13-2017, 06:39 PM
I ended up with a Ring Doorbell Pro, another Hue light bulb, and a PetFusion Cat Lounger! I've been watching the prices on all of these for months/years so I knew they were good prices. The Ring ended up being $185 shipped (tax included). Normally it's $250 + tax.