PDA

View Full Version : Isagenix?

TwoBees
07-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Has anyone tried this program? I'm curious to know more, good and bad. Thanks.

mom2binsd
07-17-2017, 04:25 PM
The fact that it's a MLM program automatically will build in costs to the consumer that aren't there if you're just buying a product.

I know someone who did it for awhile, they stuck to it, but it was expensive and when they stopped they gained the weight.

Weight loss really needs to be sustainable, thus finding the right diet that works for you vs meal replacements is what tends to work longterm.

For some people, something like Isagenix, Shakeology etc will help kick start weight loss, for others it's a waste of money.

Again, I am so leary of any MLM company, the profits are directly related to overpriced items.

cookiemonster198
07-17-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm Leary of mlm also- isagenix is all the rage in my small town. I know it's pricy but everyone I know whose done it- maybe 15 people have lost huge amounts of weight. I only know 3 people who have been on it 2 years or more and they have kept the weight off- not sure if they are still doing it or a more modified version or what though.

mmsmom
07-17-2017, 07:29 PM
You can make your own meal replacement smoothies for far less $ and you will know what is in them. Plain Greek yogurt, protein powder (love Naked products available on Amazon), greens (I get big "Power Greens" mix from Costco and keep in freezer), frozen fruit, flax/chia/hemp seed. Touch of honey or maple syrup if you need sweetness.

TwoBees
07-18-2017, 08:27 AM
You can make your own meal replacement smoothies for far less $ and you will know what is in them. Plain Greek yogurt, protein powder (love Naked products available on Amazon), greens (I get big "Power Greens" mix from Costco and keep in freezer), frozen fruit, flax/chia/hemp seed. Touch of honey or maple syrup if you need sweetness.

Are you happy with the protein powder? Also, do you use a run of the mill blender or do you have a higher end blender?

mmsmom
07-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Are you happy with the protein powder? Also, do you use a run of the mill blender or do you have a higher end blender?

I do like the Naked Whey powder because it is the only one I have found without sugar or sweetener. They also have flavored protein powders that do have some sugar. You can get a sample pack on Amazon to try. I also love the Naked PB powder. Just peanuts, no sugar, nothing else added.

I have the Ninja Professional system from Costco. I believer it is around $150.

magnoliaparadise
07-19-2017, 07:18 PM
I don't know anything about it, but my mother bumped into a childhood neighbor who had struggled with weight for most of her life and my mother said she looked great and she was a big Isagenix supporter and said she did it through that. I have been meaning to get in touch with her. I'm not a big advocate for powder diets, but... if it looks good, I'll try anything just to get the weight off for motivation and incentive and then learn to eat well.