PDA

View Full Version : 75th bday gift idea for a special female relative?

ourbabygirl
07-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Any ideas? I think I'll write a letter about the special things she's done for our family over the years, but feel like I should get a physical gift, too. Prefer to spend $50 or under. She's such a sweet person and really cares about family and her grandkids.

Thanks in advance!

lisa928
07-18-2017, 06:38 PM
I struggle to find birthday gifts for my grandmother who just turned 90. It usually ends up to be something personalized with names or pictures. I have also done origami stars with notes in them. We did 89 in a pretty jar for her 89th birthday. She opened one a day, but it only lasted her 3 months. Living alone it was nice to have a note from someone in the family everyday. She loved them so much we did 400+ from the extended family for Christmas.

The kids wrote some nice things in them and then I folded them. It is not that hard as even my mother helped fold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDDvYwb-D44

I remember her calling when she read one from my daughter who wrote "Thank you for making grandpa." There is so much to write, sentimental statement, quote, a memory, etc.

ehmom
07-18-2017, 08:18 PM
One year I made a photo book for my grandmother. It sort of scanned the generations starting with a bunch of old pictures of when she was young, then when she had kids, then ended with her great-grandchildren. She loved it! She loved all of her old pictures, but rarely got down the boxes to look through them. This gave her a way to look at them easily.