PDA

View Full Version : Stainless lunchbox?

rachelndil
07-19-2017, 09:35 PM
I've been waiting for the annual lunchbox thread, but school is starting soon.

I've been using either Yumbox or lunchblox for my soon to be kindergarten child and my preschooler. I've been interested in the planetbox or other stainless lunchbox due to concerns with plastic.

I like the Yumbox, with a couple minor complaints. The insert can washed in dishwasher, but it collects water on the backside when doing so, and the silicone seal portion develops an unpleasant odor, no matter how I've cleaned it. It's also going to be on the small side soon for my older child.

The things stopping me from buying the planetbox is leaking (likes yogurt), and that it won't fit in a Pottery Barn lunchbox (or most others).

Has anyone used the Pottery Barn stainless bento? If so, are you satisfied? Are there other good options?

acmom
07-19-2017, 10:35 PM
I love our LunchBots. We have several different configurations and both kids have been using them for several years now. I throw them in the dishwasher and they have fit in several different lunch boxes. They aren't leakproof, but we don't put anything really wet in there. (They do make little round ones for dips and stuff like that if needed).

mmsmom
07-20-2017, 08:33 AM
I love our LunchBots. We have several different configurations and both kids have been using them for several years now. I throw them in the dishwasher and they have fit in several different lunch boxes. They aren't leakproof, but we don't put anything really wet in there. (They do make little round ones for dips and stuff like that if needed).

Love our Lunch Bots too! We have several different sizes and they do have some leakproof options.

Kindra178
07-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Also a huge fan of Lunch Bots as well as u-Konserve leakproof containers. These days it's easier for my boys to take various containers as opposed to one big one. https://mightynest.com/shop/lunch-gear/food-containers/leakproof-food-containers/stainless-steel-round-food-container-gr

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)