PDA

View Full Version : Disposable cameras and camp?

Maxlee
07-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Sleepaway camp suggests sending disposable cameras - does anyone still use these? Do places still develop them? For those who's kids have been to camp should I send? Any alternatives or general camp suggesyions appreciated as this is our first time!

KrisM
07-26-2017, 08:46 AM
You can buy them at Walgreen's and they send them out to develop the photos. For 5th grade camp (3 days), I decided to send one of our older digital cameras instead. I think it's about 7 years old and 3MP or so. Not a big loss if it got lost or broken, but a bigger chance of her taking good pictures on it, since she is used to digital and looking at the screen rather than through a viewfinder. She did not bring it on the canoe and she did have Ziploc bag to put it in for rain.

lizzywednesday
07-26-2017, 08:56 AM
Whatever you send (disposable or digital), stick an address label on it - just in case!

Maxlee
07-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Camp had no electronics policy - wonder if they will
allow digital cameras

doberbrat
07-26-2017, 11:00 AM
there was another thread about this earlier in the summer. I sent an older digital camera I got at a yard sale for $10. Wrote her name & phone# on it in sharpie. The pics werent the best but I figure they're about on par as a disposable camera would have been and she was able to get some videos as well.

boogiemom
07-26-2017, 11:12 AM
I send one with each of my boys. Bought a 2-pack on Amazon. Walgreens will still develop them. My boys take goofy photos that mean nothing to me but each photo signifies a memory for them. They love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlu
07-26-2017, 11:34 AM
We were able to get prints from negatives done in-house at our local CVS. Check around.

DS did not take cameras to overnight camps so can't speak to that.

hbridge
07-26-2017, 06:09 PM
We purchase and get them developed at CVS (they do have to send them out to develop them). DC LOVES taking them to camp!