PDA

View Full Version : How bad is missing one day of synthroid?

bisous
07-26-2017, 12:35 PM
DH is mad at me because I'm telling him I'm not going to drive ten minutes out if the way (of a 1 hour plus drive!) with two car loads with eight kids total to bring him his synthroid that he forgot to take this morning. My sister and dad take it too and said they feel very little difference if they miss a day. He's saying that he feels foggy headed, sweating and having bowel issues.

Honestly I think the reason he feels crummy is that he was up until 2:30 am.

I'm frustrated that he'd ask us to divert all those peoples plans for his lack of planning. He's 41 years old.

Sigh. Life with an ADHD spouse.

Does anyone else think I'm a huge jerk for being put out by this request?

babyonway
07-26-2017, 12:38 PM
DH is mad at me because I'm telling him I'm not going to drive ten minutes out if the way (of a 1 hour plus drive!) with two car loads with eight kids total to bring him his synthroid that he forgot to take this morning. My sister and dad take it too and said they feel very little difference if they miss a day. He's saying that he feels foggy headed, sweating and having bowel issues.

Honestly I think the reason he feels crummy is that he was up until 2:30 am.

I'm frustrated that he'd ask us to divert all those peoples plans for his lack of planning. He's 41 years old.

Sigh. Life with an ADHD spouse.

Does anyone else think I'm a huge jerk for being put out by this request?

He can take it when he gets home. I take synthroid and my dr. told me if I skipped an entire day to double up the next day.

I have no difference if I skip one day. No you are not being a jerk at all. :-)

carolinacool
07-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Are those even side effects of missing synthroid?

I take a super low dosage and don't notice a thing if I miss one. I didn't know you're supposed to double up the next day. Either way, he should be fine.

Green_Tea
07-26-2017, 12:55 PM
I've been on synthroid for 12 years. Missing a single day is NOT a big deal and doesn't cause the symptoms your husband is describing.

PunkyBoo
07-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Synthroid builds up in your system, so the pill you take today affects you in about a month (from what my endocrinologist tells me when he's altered my dosage). So whatever he feels today is definitely NOT related to missing today's synthroid.

bisous
07-26-2017, 01:11 PM
THANK YOU. This is consistent with what I've read. I'm kind of surprised he'd ask me to do this. He only does seem kinda off today!

niccig
07-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Yes to what others said. Double up tomorrow and he'll be fine. Maybe he's getting sick or its lack of sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=87652)

Mermanaid
07-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Just last week a nurse told me that synthroid has a 7 day half life. He should not notice missing one day. However, the ADHD may be causing him to obsess on missing it so that alone can cause him to feel bad.

doberbrat
07-26-2017, 01:34 PM
add me to the take it when he gets home or tomorrow. It definitely is a gradual build up effect. My dr wont even test me if I havent been consistently taking my meds for a couple of weeks.

TwinFoxes
07-26-2017, 04:31 PM
THANK YOU. This is consistent with what I've read. I'm kind of surprised he'd ask me to do this. He only does seem kinda off today!

Is it possible he hasn't been taking it regularly, and this is just the first day he's told you he's missed?

No first hand knowledge of this medication, I had to google to see what it treats. :)

MSWR0319
07-26-2017, 05:43 PM
For some reason I've forgotten to take mine 3 out of the last 4 mornings. I haven't noticed anything yet. He'll be fine.

bisous
07-26-2017, 10:25 PM
As an aside, I don't know how many are reading this but sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind with DH! He gets so bent out of shape over his imagined lack of synthroid, won't listen to reason, and his request today seems out of character. I can't imagine that he'd want ten people to be inconvenienced to that degree for his lack of planning!

essnce629
07-28-2017, 02:33 AM
For some reason I've forgotten to take mine 3 out of the last 4 mornings. I haven't noticed anything yet. He'll be fine.Yes my mom forgot hers when she came up to visit 2 weeks ago. She missed 2 days doses. No issues.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk