PDA

View Full Version : My gig is up!!

Bens Momma
07-26-2017, 08:48 PM
My "safe haven" (aside from this forum :D ) is gone.....my FIL sent me a friend request on Facebook today :bag DH just laughed when I told him (he can laugh because he's not on Facebook!) We're cordial to each other but not close at.all. and we're about as opposite as you can get when it comes to political, world, environmental, etc views! I guess I have to accept the request, but seriously!?!?!

Thanks for listening!
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and the Third Musketeer :superhero:

hillview
07-26-2017, 08:59 PM
Dont accept!!

pinkmomagain
07-26-2017, 09:00 PM
Ugh. You know if you accept his request you can filter out his posts on your feed and also prevent your posts from showing up on his feed (you both would still be able to visit each other's pages). I have found this to work very well for me!

lalasmama
07-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Accept, and then do a custom list so he can't see any of your posts :)

doberbrat
07-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Yup, I'd not accept either. I havent even friended my mom. ;)

Bens Momma
07-26-2017, 11:28 PM
I don't know if I can get away with not accepting....he'll ask me, "hey, I sent you a Facebook request why haven't you responded?" :banghead: Let's just say he can't take a hint, or probably the better explanation is that he doesn't want to! So he just persists until he gets what he wants! I blocked annoying family members a couple years ago, but never thought ILs would get Facebook! Off to re-examine my privacy settings!

ellies mom
07-27-2017, 12:48 AM
I would add him and then block him from 95% of my posts. I would just share the random posts that are of interest to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bens Momma
07-27-2017, 11:21 AM
OK, I know how to change the settings/audience for things I post going forward, but is there a way to block him from seeing my old posts?

California
07-27-2017, 02:21 PM
So wait- why are you accepting his friend request? Because you think he's pushy? I think your reasons for accepting the request should really reinforce the decision NOT to accept it. Why expose yourself to more of that attitude?

I think it's fair to say, "FIL, I value our peaceful family life, and think it's best if we avoid sharing political views with each other. So let's steer clear of Facebook." And then just stay firm.

HannaAddict
07-27-2017, 03:59 PM
Don't accept. I didn't and it is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillview
07-27-2017, 04:29 PM
I'd just say you use Facebook for girlfriends and leave it at that.

123LuckyMom
07-27-2017, 04:29 PM
I'd ignore. Honestly, if he said why haven't you accepted, I'd say I didn't notice; I forgot; I haven't gotten around to it, but I will; etc. of course telling him the truth and offering to send him all the good family pics directly is a MUCH better plan!!! Still, I just wouldn't do it. I wouldn't friend him.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

DualvansMommy
07-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Chime in another from me on don't accept. Some of my family and in laws are on FB, but we're not friending each other's list!

Family emails is more than sufficient for our needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro