PDA

View Full Version : A question for speedqueen owners

cookiemonster198
07-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Our 5 year old high efficacy top loader Samsung is about dead [emoji30]

I looooved how gentle it was on my clothes and that I could put a ton of clothes in a load but 5 years isn't long enough for a washer life for me.

I want to get a super durable washer that will last a long time- I know the boards have a lot of love for the speed queens but I wonder how hard they are on clothes with that middle agitator.

Can anyone speak to how hard the speed queen is on clothes?? Especially if I'm used to an agitator less washer?

Anything else I should know about the speed queen??

AnnieW625
07-28-2017, 06:55 PM
I have never felt like I have lost clothes because of the agitator and I have washed items like Ann Taylor dress slacks, and Talbots items which are labeled dry clean only plenty of times and my clothes till wear well. I actually feel like my clothes get cleaner than they did with our mid model Kenmore front loader. Prior to the Kenmore I used a Speed Queen washer for almost 7 yrs. in college and post college when I lived in apartments with SQ units or went to laundromats with SQ units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smillow
07-28-2017, 07:07 PM
I wash everything including wool sweaters, silk scarves, and bras on the gentle cycle and haven't had any problems. Love my Speed Queen!

hillview
07-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Went from a front loader / no agitator. Love love love the speed queen. You do have to be careful with a couple of things that when you put them in the washer they don't get wrapped around the agitator. It hasn't hurt anything. Did have a couple of drawstrings get wrapped up a little but it was okay.

LD92599
07-28-2017, 09:35 PM
W just got a SQ and love it!!! Our Maytag Bravos bit the dust. SQ is quiet too!