PDA

View Full Version : S/O: What did you want to name your DC when you were a child?

IansMom
08-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Sometime around middle school, I came up with a list of names for my future children.

Daughters:
Nicolette Marie
Ashleigh Renee
Jasmine Dionna

Sons:
Jeremy Allen
Cameron Scott
Wesley James

Clearly, I was planning a large family. 😂 We didn't use any of these names, although I do have a Jamison.

Anyway, the other post made me think of this. Did you have names that you wanted to name your children when you were growing up?

TwinFoxes
08-01-2017, 07:05 PM
I don't remember any names I wanted for my future kids (I also didn't plan my future wedding). But I remember two of my friends wanted to name their daughters Courtney and Crystal. 1980s much? :)

trcy
08-01-2017, 07:11 PM
I didn't have any names picked out. Actually, I didn't want kids until my late 20s and DH and I were becoming serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

lalasmama
08-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Kimberly Tiana or Tiana Kimberly
Acacia Emily

Timothy Nicholas or Nicholas Timothy
Nathanael Lelann

StantonHyde
08-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Wasn't even on my radar--nor was a wedding. I did name DD after a dog name I always wanted to use but I never had a female dog!!!!

AnnieW625
08-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Girls:
Madison (always thought that was a cool name.....from Splash)
Cassidy
Odessa

Boys:
Max (plain Max, not Maximo, Maxwell, Maximus, or Maximilian)

Honestly though it was never a big thing with me, but I did like Madison as a small kid (<than 10 so way before it was a thing), and I vaguely remember liking the name Cassidy before Kathie Lee Gifford made the name semi popular in the mid 90s. Not sure where I got the Odessa name from, but I thought it sounded cool.

If I had a boy and didn't know 3 other boys named Max I would've used it.

I also never planned my wedding as kid either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
08-01-2017, 08:31 PM
I didn't have any names picked out. I was pretty sure I didn't want kids. I changed my mind late in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

California
08-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Well... I had a Cabbage Patch doll named Julia and I thought that was a beautiful name! Still do, but another relative beat me to it. My other favorite was Samantha. SIL used it. For boys I liked Nathan. DH turned that down as we had two friends with Nathans.

We went to Italy recently and now my DD currently wants to name a daughter "Artemis." :-)

ourbabygirl
08-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Emma, Kaitlyn, and Karen. That was in the late 80s, before Emma and Kaitlyn got really popular (and my first dance teacher, who I loved and thought was so beautiful and graceful, was named Karen). I didn't have any boys' names picked out, and I didn't have my wedding planned out, but originally wanted to get married in Australia and have lilacs as my flowers. :ROTFLMAO:

♥ms.pacman♥
08-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Well I won't say what it was here bc it's actually my DD's name. :)

I always loved my daughter's name ever since I was 5 years old. :) I always thought "If/when I have a daughter, i will name her xxx". Well many years later I was preg with a DD. DH really liked the name too, so that became her name :)

THe only downside thought it's a very common name these days (i'm sure it's in the top 50), so it's not as original.

bisous
08-01-2017, 10:46 PM
I thought Nefertiri was the coolest name from the coolest movie, you know, the 10 Commandments. That's what I watched with my friends at my 6th grade birthday party. It was a super big hit. ;) But I wanted to use an alternative spelling. So it was more like "Nephreteeri" or something like that. I don't think I even had boys names that I liked. I was going to have six daughters. All the names were ultra feminine with creative spellings.

My taste has matured a bit with age. ;) And I had three boys (and one daughter).

georgiegirl
08-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Hillary (and I imagined her with red ringlets)
Samantha
Veronica (when I was older)
I know there were a few others but I can't remember them

I didn't pick out any boy names since I wasn't going to have boys [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Green_Tea
08-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Bethany and Annabelle were my favorite names. I didn't use either, but still think they are beautiful, and know young girls with both names!

DualvansMommy
08-02-2017, 12:01 AM
I remember playing this game, forgot the name though, but you write down your future husband, city/place of wedding, how many kids and names, whether it's a girl or boy. I can't even remember what I wrote on those pspers!

georgiegirl
08-02-2017, 12:13 AM
I remember playing this game, forgot the name though, but you write down your future husband, city/place of wedding, how many kids and names, whether it's a girl or boy. I can't even remember what I wrote on those pspers!

MASH

I'd always get lives in a shack with 12 kids and a rich husband.

catsnkid
08-02-2017, 11:12 AM
I always wanted Olivia for a girl, partially because my grandma's name is Olive. Then it got super popular and if I had a girl I was going to make it her middle name. Had a boy so oh well.

94bruin
08-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Having kids wasn't really on my radar as a child but I do remember really liking the name Kayla from Days of Our Lives way back in High School.

Pear
08-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Madison for a girl (like every other child who watched Splash)
Never had any boy names

BDKmom
08-02-2017, 12:54 PM
In about 7th grade it was Jacqueline Nicole and Patrick Michael. I outgrew those and in high school/ college liked Julia and Emma. A close friend's sister used Julia, and Emma got super popular so I didn't use either. I also really loved Caleb, but my stepsister named her son Kaleb, so didn't use that one either. My kids are named names I never thought of using until we started picking their names.

specialp
08-02-2017, 12:56 PM
MASH

I'd always get lives in a shack with 12 kids and a rich husband.

I forgot about that game! I remember writing names of the boys in class on there.

legaleagle
08-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Sophie for a girl, Miles and what ended up being DS2's name for a boy. What ended up being DD's name was literally the only girl name DH liked but I would have been fine with Sophie even though it's so popular now. Miles sounds somewhat odd with DH's last name but I still love it (and Milo).

corrie23
08-03-2017, 04:46 PM
In my mid-teen years I wanted 4 kids (2 and 2) The boys would have been Kevin and Eric and the girls would have been Taryn and Zoe. My boyfriend at the time made fun of me mercilessly for the name Zoe (so out there and weird) and of course by the time I was an adult actually having kids, Zoe was super trendy and I no longer wanted it for that very reason.

ETA: when I was looking for names for baby #1 (gender unknown) back in 2002, I didn't want any names that were in the top 250 or higher because I like unique. At the time, none of my kids' names were in the top 1000 for boys or girls. Now, DD#1 and DS's name are both in the top 100 and DD#2 is in the top 200. It's amazing how trends shift even when you try to avoid them.

candaceb
08-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Sophie for a girl, Miles and what ended up being DS2's name for a boy. What ended up being DD's name was literally the only girl name DH liked but I would have been fine with Sophie even though it's so popular now. Miles sounds somewhat odd with DH's last name but I still love it (and Milo).

Miles is DS's name and it was never on my radar until I was an adult.

I always thought I'd have a girl and name her Zoe. I thought Zoe was a cool name.