PDA

View Full Version : Mattress saga continues...Charles P Rodgers?

twowhat?
08-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Now that we have an AWESOME bed frame that we LOVE (solid iron!), I've been reading WAY too many mattress reviews. We've been through so many mattresses and I'm sick of replacing them because of body impressions after only a couple of years. I want a good mattress that WILL NOT develop impressions for at least 5-6 years! Not even asking for 10 years here....

I saw that CR rated Charles P Rodgers mattresses pretty highly, particularly in terms of durability. Durability is our biggest problem. We can make any mattress comfy by adding a mattress topper which I AM fine with replacing every couple of years. What's crazy is that EVEN with a mattress topper, all of our mattresses have developed body impressions - WTH??? I would totally pay $5000 for a mattress if it could be guaranteed to not form body impressions. I am almost convinced that DH and I are denser than normal people and that's why we have such problems. We are both thin. He only weighs 170 and I only weigh 120.

Has anyone tried Charles P Rodgers for mattresses? I'm looking at their cheapest one which has a latex comfort layer (instead of memory foam, which we can't sleep on - way too hot).

meggie t
08-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Google to see if you have any mattress companies local to you. We have a locally made mattress that we LOVE!! It's 12 years old, no impressions, and amazing sleep quality to this day. It seems basic - innerspring, wool, and tufting. Comes in a few hardnesses. Comes in two or three firmnesses. Company is McRoskey. Pricey but worth it. We do use a wool topper that we replaced after 6 years or so.

I ordered my daughter's mattresses from a local company. Very happy with them.

StantonHyde
08-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Have you tried the site "sleep like the dead"? Great mattress reviews!!!!!