PDA

View Full Version : best way to share photo s

Percycat
08-02-2017, 05:49 PM
I recently took a group of girl scouts on a trip and want to know the best way to coordinate photo sharing. There are 7 people in our group plus 2 guides. We went on a trip sponsored by our council -- we are not a troop and probably won't have any type of regular interaction in the future. I will be contacting the parents on behalf of the girls in our group; I will be contacting the guides directly (one is 16 the other is 20).

I am considering two options:
1. Creating a photo circle using the Photocircle app which is free to download. I think I get a code which I give to everyone for them to access the photo circle to upload and download the pictures. People with the code have access. I think everyone has a smart phone, but it is possible that the other adult who traveled with me does not.

2. Creating a closed facebook account. I know four people have facebook account, but I don't know if the others do. I think I send everyone an email inviting them to join the group

3. Using Google Photos. I'm not sure how I do this.

4. Upload the photos to Shutterfly -- although I think this will take a long time (perhaps all of the options will take a long time) and people won't have as many download options.

I have the most photos and they are on a digital camera -- probably around 60 pictures. The other photos are a mix of digital or disposable waterproof cameras.

I want this to be easy for me, and also let people have access to decent pictures.

What do you think will work best? Is there something else I should use?

Thanks!

candaceb
08-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Shutterfly share sites are designed for exactly this type of thing. https://www.shutterfly.com/sites/create/welcome.sfly?fid=7e68de4c806ed795

mom2khj
08-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Google Photos has collaborative albums, similar to the Photocircle app you described, but without the need for an app - you can access it from the web.

http://www.androidguys.com/2016/04/16/create-a-collaborative-album-using-google-photos/

Shutterfly share sites are great if you have an ongoing need, but for a one time thing I probably wouldn't go through the trouble. You might be able to just setup a collaborative album in Shutterfly. I haven't used Shutterfly/Share sites in a long time, so I'm not too familiar with what features it may have.

You could also use Dropbox or Facebook Moments, which I think would work similar to google photos.

Green_Tea
08-03-2017, 09:38 AM
I would use Facebook. I know that a handful of people might not have it, but honestly it's kind of like email at this point - it's a primary way that people keep in touch and the outliers kind of need to adjust accordingly.