PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Disneyland Rider Swap

klwa
08-03-2017, 09:50 PM
We just got back Wednesday, and since so many of us have little ones, I thought I'd let you know about the changes to Rider Swap at DL. Instead of giving a paper pass, they now scan the tickets of all (up to three people) riding second, and add the swap to your ticket. There are conflicting reports as to how long these stay on your ticket, but we went right through the line after they got off the first time,so I didn't have any issues. You have to scan your ticket to go through, just like with the new Fast pass system.

lalasmama
08-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Reports I've heard have said that they stay on all day, but I have yet to hear anyone actually try it--say, get it added to the ticket at like 11am and try to use the switch pass at 11pm--to report that it indeed stays there all day long.

Did you do the MaxPass? If so, I'd love to hear what you thought about it. I'm still 23.5 weeks away from getting to try it, so I'm trying to see how people like it. I'll admit, I was there when they started the "Fast Pass Reminders" and loved that!

klwa
08-04-2017, 07:45 AM
We got the Southern California Citipass, and I could never get them to scan into the app. (It scanned fine at all the ticket locations and Fastpass locations.) Since I couldn't get them in the app, I couldn't get Maxpass, which I had planned to get! So, I got the 1 week photopass & we just did the fastpass runs. While I saw a few people doing the Maxpass thing, it didn't seem like there were a huge number of people using it. I don't know if that's a cost thing, a lack of knowledge thing (although, I don't know how that could be since it was all over the app, the maps, etc.) or what. I probably could have gone to City Hall to see about getting our passes added to the app, but I just decided it wasn't worth it.