PDA

View Full Version : Ebay: Your thoughts?

alandenisefields
08-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone: Can we get your opinion? What do you think of eBay? Have you shopped it for baby gear?
Let us know your thoughts and experiences!

Thanks in advance,
Alan & Denise

SnuggleBuggles
08-04-2017, 05:41 PM
I use it occasionally. I'd be less inclined for baby gear as I just wouldn't feel confident about the quality and returning would be a hassle. I'd check places like local Facebook FSOT boards, for example, instead so I could see the item in person.

AnnieW625
08-04-2017, 05:56 PM
I bought a Maclaren XLR stroller for $140 off EBay in 2010, and I bought a Maclaren Triumph stroller for $100 or so in 2006. Both were the real thing and I am pretty sure the XLR was from the Maclaren outlet; don't recall the 2006 purchase. I found the link for the XLR through one of the members here who sent me the PM as she knew I was looking for an XLR.

JuJuBe diaper bags were big sellers on EBay in 2010 (as well as FSOT sites like Diaper Swappers and the JuJuBe fan page), but I paid full price for mine (the second kid had to have something new....:he he!)

I bought a lot of Hanna Anderson off EBay, some Gymboree, and a few Gap items that were sort of hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alandenisefields
08-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks for that—I think the perception that eBay sells mostly used goods is still strong. I think the Facebook boards have stolen a bit of their thunder in the used market!

alandenisefields
08-04-2017, 07:15 PM
I bought a Maclaren XLR stroller for $140 off EBay in 2010, and I bought a Maclaren Triumph stroller for $100 or so in 2006. Both were the real thing and I am pretty sure the XLR was from the Maclaren outlet; don't recall the 2006 purchase. I found the link for the XLR through one of the members here who sent me the PM as she knew I was looking for an XLR.

JuJuBe diaper bags were big sellers on EBay in 2010 (as well as FSOT sites like Diaper Swappers and the JuJuBe fan page), but I paid full price for mine (the second kid had to have something new....:he he!)

I bought a lot of Hanna Anderson off EBay, some Gymboree, and a few Gap items that were sort of hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Annie! I appreciate you taking time to share that!
alan

JBaxter
08-04-2017, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't from a private seller maybe a ebay store but baby gear is to important I got a few items years ago that reeked of smoke. I stopped buying at that point 10+ yrs ago. I'll wait for a good sale from a retailer

jacksmomtobe
08-05-2017, 06:49 AM
I used to sell and purchase kids clothes on EBay. Mostly Hanna Andersson and Mini Boden. I also purchased new pbk bedding on there. Dds crib set and rug were a certain pattern. When she moved to a big bed I picked up the complimentary quilt and some of the other bedding in larger sizes. It was all NIP items. I used online retailers or b&m stores for baby gear but my babies are now 13 & 11 so I think that was more typical then.

jgenie
08-05-2017, 07:46 AM
I have used eBay to purchase hard to find items. I found a PBK bedding set for DS1 at the outlet but the matching sheets weren't available so I bought them NWT on eBay. I have occasionally done the same with clothing items - mostly holiday pjs in larger sizes as DS1 has grown and not wanted to give up the old sets. There have been a few toys I have picked up second hand that were no longer being made. eBay is my go to for that sort of thing and works well in those cases. Thanks to the BBB and various deal blogs I was able to buy my baby gear for better or very close to used prices.