PDA

View Full Version : My pool is cloudy. How do I fix it?

jgenie
08-05-2017, 08:41 AM
We had a big storm last night. Lots of heavy rain very quickly. The rain washed mulch from the planting beds into the pool. We have a pool service that maintains the pool but of course they were here yesterday afternoon. We're going to fish out the mulch that's floating and the Polaris is getting the bits that are at the bottom. How do I tell if the water is safe to swim? Is there something I should add to the water? We don't have a water testing kut but I can run by the pool store to get one if I need one. It's a chlorine in ground pool. TIA

Mermanaid
08-05-2017, 08:58 AM
Can you call the pool service to check it? If not, run to the store and get a small block test kit so you can at least check chlorine and pH. It's always nice to spot check them anyway.

Rain wreaks havoc on our pool so I am always having to add more chlorine (we use liquid chlorine) and acid to manage the pH.

JBaxter
08-05-2017, 09:04 AM
My pool guy would come out if I called or at minimum tell me what to do. Ive texted pictures to him before I'd start with that call. I'm in FL and there was an algae issue here earlier this summer that caused my pool to get milky looking

pharmjenn
08-06-2017, 01:19 AM
I am sure you have solved this, but if you have a Leslie's Pool Supply in your area, you can bring them a container of water and they will test it at the store and tell you what you need to fix the pool. This is free (of course, you then purchase the chemicals from them) I am sure other pool supply places do the same thing.