PDA

View Full Version : Tips to help a hot sleeper stay cool at night?

mackmama
08-06-2017, 01:21 AM
DC has always been a hot sleeper year-round and often sweats which then leads to nightmares. Any tips to keep DC cool at night? DC usually sleeps in short jammies with a sheet. The sweats usually happen before midnight interestingly. Problem is DC can sometimes then get cold in early morning hours (and isn't good st pulling up a blanket) so I'm hesitant to have DC sleep in less.

smilequeen
08-06-2017, 05:51 AM
Maybe try a cooling matress pad? I just ordered one for my warm sleeper so I can't comment yet on if it's going to work but I'm hopeful. I use one for my dog in the summer and it does actually feel cooler so worth a shot.

legaleagle
08-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Do you have a fan in the room?

BunnyBee
08-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Do you have a mattress cover on? I put one on ours when we had tiny cosleepers and thought I was going to sweat to death. I searched for one that said it slept cool and got the best reviewed on Amazon, but it was still terrible. I'd try a wool pad if I needed one again. Cotton sheets and nightclothes (which can be hard to find for kids with the flammability laws) and no synthetic materials help. We also have a ceiling fan that circulates air even in winter.

123LuckyMom
08-06-2017, 11:05 AM
I have never found a waterproof mattress pad (or a hotel bed bug protector) that didn't cause me to sweat like crazy! Are you using one? If you feel you need to, I really don't have a suggestion, but if your kids are older, and you're willing to risk it, a different mattress pad might do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Kindra178
08-06-2017, 01:41 PM
Definitely change mattress pad to something cotton. All cotton pajamas (tshirts work as nightshirts or Hanna).

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

rlu
08-06-2017, 05:22 PM
DS had night terrors due to overheating. 90 minutes after going to sleep like clockwork. We eventually put him in just boxers at night with a sheet. We had/have a fan that blows on him every night.

klwa
08-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Ceiling fans are what we use. With a fleece blanket beside them so if they get cold they can wrap up.

essnce629
08-07-2017, 12:49 PM
DS had night terrors due to overheating. 90 minutes after going to sleep like clockwork. We eventually put him in just boxers at night with a sheet. We had/have a fan that blows on him every night.Yes, DS2 was the same way. He sleeps in jersey shorts only, cotton sheets and a thin cotton blanket, and the ceiling fan on high. Making sure he always goes to the bathroom before bed and a daily magnesium supplement also helped with the night terrors. I can't remember the last time he had one (they used to be nightly).

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

robinsmommy
08-07-2017, 01:03 PM
I would try using some kind of a fan on a timer, so you can turn it off when it is no longer needed, avoiding DC being overly cold. Might have to tweak the time as the seasons change.

geochick
08-07-2017, 03:50 PM
I do strange things if I get too hot when I'm sleeping. Because of this, my house is always cold at night! My poor dh! I sleep in thin cotton pjs, thin cotton sheets, and a light cotton blanket. All cotton! I crank my a/c all summer. Problem solved. My kids get cold, so before I go to bed, I sneak in and make sure they are covered for the night.