PDA

View Full Version : Favorite quick meals from Trader Joes?

liz
08-06-2017, 07:50 PM
We're doing a quick weekend trip. We'll be staying at a condo and I need some quick ideas using prepared foods from TJ's. Fresh or frozen is fine. Looking for something really easy, I'm being lazy this trip!

I'm bringing a cooler and we'll be staying two nights. I'm bringing sandwich fixings for lunch and basics for breakfast (cereal, eggs, coffee, bread), so a hot meal would be great after a full of hiking and walking!

Eta, hoping for something different than Orange chicken, Indian food and dumplings in the freezer section. We love them, but want to try something else.

o_mom
08-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Fettuccine Alfredo in the frozen section. We saute onions and peppers to go with it and add pre-grilled chicken. One package feeds 2-3 people.

Philly Mom
08-06-2017, 08:36 PM
The two different types of chicken burritos and the enchiladas.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Philly Mom
08-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Also their is a lentil/grain soup that is so yummy. And the spanakopita is awesome.

SnuggleBuggles
08-06-2017, 08:42 PM
Grilled chicken strips (refrigerated section)- we make wraps with them using tortillas and their slaw mix (I usually add some poppy seed dressing to it).
Frozen meat lasagna
The turkey bolognese sauce (freezer)
Mini chicken tacos (freezer)
I usually avoid canned chicken but theirs doesn't taste bad. I wouldn't use it for something like chicken salad but it's good in soup, chili...
Their new enchiladas in the fridge section are good. We like both varieties.
Cowgirl veggie burgers
Frozen croissants
Not from Trader Joe's (though you can buy all the ingredients there and it's one I use canned chicken for). Super fast and good. I add the slaw mix (mini dressing; just plain cabbage) to it:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/sesame-and-peanut-noodles-recipe-2124853.amp
On our last beach trip, my SIL made a huge batch of roast veggies and a big thing of taco meat. We got a ton of use out of those 2 things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMommy
08-06-2017, 09:01 PM
This might be too "snackish" but I am absolutely addicted to Trader Joe's bruschetta with crostini. I buy their sourdough baguettes, slice them thin and brush with olive oil and bake in the oven. I spoon the bruschetta over the crostini. Or you can just use baguette as is and save yourself the extra work. It is delicious!

doberbrat
08-06-2017, 10:17 PM
terriaki chicken and special fried rice. both frozen - just defrost in microwave add a salad and you're good.

We also like the pizza selection and fish nuggets. I dont often buy sides but have liked the mashed potatoes and risotto.

AnnieW625
08-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Mini pizzas or the four packs of cheese or pepperoni pizzas
Chicken tikka masala
Gluten free chicken nuggets
Sliced pre cooked chicken
Frozen burritos (DH and the kids love these; I get the black bean and corn enchiladas....although this is a single serve not family style dish)
Italian meatloaf (although this isn't gluten free so I haven't bought since I went gf again in June)
Pre cooked sausages
Frozen shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SASM
08-07-2017, 10:18 AM
The Red Lentil Sedantini (??) pasta, jarred sauce, and frozen meatballs. LOVE this pasta!! It has 13g of protein per serving!!

For a single serving meal, I really like the Greens, Beans, and Grains. Warning though...this contains peanuts.

elizabethkott
08-07-2017, 11:48 AM
The tamales and mini tacos are great, as are most of the frozen pizza suggestions.
I also like their shrimp stir fry and fried rice, both in the frozen section.

lizzywednesday
08-07-2017, 12:19 PM
I usually avoid canned chicken but theirs doesn't taste bad. I wouldn't use it for something like chicken salad but it's good in soup, chili...

I use their canned chicken in Buffalo chicken dip because it's the best of the varieties I've tried.

lizzywednesday
08-07-2017, 12:20 PM
I like the frozen tamales.

If it doesn't have to be hot, I like the Wine Country Chicken Salad. It's great on toast or over greens.

liz
08-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!

This might be too "snackish" but I am absolutely addicted to Trader Joe's bruschetta with crostini. I buy their sourdough baguettes, slice them thin and brush with olive oil and bake in the oven. I spoon the bruschetta over the crostini. Or you can just use baguette as is and save yourself the extra work. It is delicious!

I'm going to have to try this just for me :)

Twoboos
08-08-2017, 04:29 PM
My kids are crazy over the frozen organic pizza shells they sell. We get 2 pkgs (so 4 pizzas), sit them on the counter while the oven (or grill) heats up, top with TJ's pizza sauce and whatever else you want! Start to finish in about 20min.

ETA: Another vote for the fried rice. I usually add some more frozen veggies to it.

Kindra178
08-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Meal 1: Orange chicken with frozen broc, Pot stickers and frozen rice
Meal 2: Frozen pizza (incited pepperoni is really good)
Meal 3: frozen burgers and sweet potato fries