PDA

View Full Version : Sword play at camp?

jgenie
08-09-2017, 05:26 PM
DS2 came home from camp today with a cut on his face. He said he got it sword fighting with another boy at camp. They were using sticks. I've told him no more sword fighting at camp and I want to tell his counselor at drop off tomorrow that he's not allowed to sword fight at camp. It's an outdoor camp with hiking, critter catching, stomping in the mud, etc. Normal boy play I should just leave it alone or not? TIA

rlu
08-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Did the camp sanction/encourage the sword play? I can't imagine they did. I've seen pillow jousting at camp, but not sticks!

eta: I'd just advise a counselor it happened. I'm thinking it would have been stopped if seen.

eta again: and yes, normal boy play but not safe.

ett
08-09-2017, 05:38 PM
eta: I'd just advise a counselor it happened. I'm thinking it would have been stopped if seen.

eta again: and yes, normal boy play but not safe.

:yeahthat:

DualvansMommy
08-09-2017, 07:20 PM
I would just tell the counselor at drop off. DS1 came home 2 weeks ago with similar cut from "sword play" and his counselor kept an eye on that next few days to ensure it didn't happen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

94bruin
08-09-2017, 07:52 PM
This reminds me of the time when DD1 got poked near the eye when she and a friend were playing with sticks. Unfortunately, I think it's normal. We told DD1 to avoid kids who have sticks in their hands.

HannaAddict
08-09-2017, 11:35 PM
Totally normal and if I mentioned it at all it would be briefly in passing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle
08-10-2017, 02:35 AM
i don't know how many times ive said no swords no guns but my son forgets. it's probably not allowed but it's normal. like others have said i'd mention it at drop off then worry about other stuf!