PDA

View Full Version : More supportive cleats??

acmom
08-13-2017, 02:54 PM
My DS has tricky feet with high arches and a high instep. He complains a lot of foot pain when running, especially in cleats. We recently had him fitted at a local running store where they analyzed his foot and tried a bunch of sneakers as well as inserts. He says the new sneakers and inserts help a lot and he doesn't complain of pain when wearing them. However, soccer season is going to start soon and the type of cleats he currently has are not at all supportive and can't hold the inserts. Anyone found any that are more supportive and/or hold orthotics?

squimp
08-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Does he wear adult sizes or kid sizes? We found that adult cleats were much more comfortable.

acmom
08-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Does he wear adult sizes or kid sizes? We found that adult cleats were much more comfortable.

Kid size unfortunately. 😕 He is only a size 1.5

squimp
08-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Oh that's tough - can you go up a half size to fit the orthotics? I used to wear my brother's old soccer cleats for softball, I remember how painful they were!

DietCokeLover
08-13-2017, 04:17 PM
DS also has foot problems and is seeing a podiatrist and a PT. He has a pair of orthotics by Spenco that he is using that seem to help. He is also doing a regimen of stretches daily.
We swap the insoles back and forth between cleats and tennis shoes. We haven't found any cleats that offer adequate support, thus the insoles.

acmom
08-13-2017, 08:28 PM
Yes, guessing you are right, that I may just have to try to go up a bit in size to fit the orthotics into them.

jacksmomtobe
08-13-2017, 10:35 PM
I have two soccer playing kids and unfortunately there does not seem to be cleats that offer more stability. Dd previously broke her ankle and was recently having knee pain which turned out to be a result of her weaker ankle rolling along with pronation. Finding more stable sneakers was easy but cleats all seem to lack support so we are now in the same position you are if getting larger cleats to fit an insert to make the cleat more stable. Ds commented that we should invent cleats with some stability since they all seem to be the same in that area.