PDA

View Full Version : I am so not ready for school to start.

mackmama
08-16-2017, 12:41 AM
I am so bummed that school starts in a couple of weeks. I LOVE summer, and I love having no set schedule. Basically, I just love having DC home. Yes I will have more time to myself (which is good since I returned to work and need the time), but I am dreading school starting! Anyone else?

jgenie
08-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Me!!! We have twelve weeks off for summer. I'm a sahm and my DSs don't like going to camp. I worry at the beginning Of summer that we'll go stir crazy. I always find myself wishing for two more weeks at the end. We start after Labor Day and I wish we could push it back.

MMMommy
08-16-2017, 01:06 AM
I dread it too! I treasure the flexibility of summer, more sleeping in, no school, no homework, less rushing around.

baymom
08-16-2017, 01:35 AM
Me!! Mine went back today and I'm definitely mourning the end of summer. Late nights, sleeping in, flexibility and the laziness of it. I work FT and the kids did a few camps, so it wasn't like when I was a SAHM, but still I just love summers so much. Wish we had a few more weeks!

anonomom
08-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Right there with y'all. My kids are in their only week of day camp right now, and even that kind of sucks. The camp is awesome and they're really happy, but the routine of making lunches, packing snacks and supplies and everything and then getting them out the door isn't any fun.

I could use another month of summer.

Mikey0709
08-16-2017, 08:42 AM
I think I am seriously depressed about it starting. DREADING it, probably more than my kids if that is possible.

gatorsmom
08-16-2017, 08:45 AM
I want one more month of summer too. I'm in the middle of ordering uniforms, getting pants hemmed, getting uniform shoes polished, buying gym shoes that fit, and school suppies, which is stressful. We are all loving sleeping in and I dread the morning routine. Also, we have all got along wonderfully this summer. Usually the kids drive each other and me nuts during breaks but they didn't this summer. It's been a great time and I don't want it to stop!

carolinamama
08-16-2017, 08:49 AM
I am usually happy to get back into a routine but this year feels different. We've been less structured with fewer camps than any other summer but it's been really nice.

mom2binsd
08-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Both mine just got in the bus, starting high school and Jr. High! Both were excited and ready to be back, they finished May 25th! We were away for two weeks and just got back a day ago, but managed to pull together most supplies! Ready for hockey to begin and DD is on high school swim team! Was a great summer but mine love school and the structure, also I get fewer calls at work asking about sleep overs, for the love of God the sleep overs (mostly the 11 year old boy!) were endless! He has so many good buddies and they are obsessed!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

KrisM
08-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Usually, I'm ready, but this year I could use another couple weeks. We usually have 12 weeks for summer and this one was only 10. And we took a few trips, so we've hardly been home to do things around here. Today is orientation for middle school, so it's coming up soon.

bisous
08-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Was a great summer but mine love school and the structure,

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This is my kids too. And me. I love structure. I endure summer and this one has been so much better than some summers past but with my crew structure helps me function much better.

I think as my kids gets older it will get easier and I'll enjoy summer even more.