PDA

View Full Version : Charged for lunch when absent

sadbunny
08-16-2017, 12:32 PM
On the theme of school lunches, I happened to check my DS food account and noticed that he "had" a school lunch and ice cream (2.60 for lunch and.75 for ice cream) for a day he was absent (he was at home with an eye infection). At first I was going to email cafeteria but...it's not much money, and was thinking of just letting it go. I'm thinking someone used his number accidentally to get lunch? The perfectionist in me says, to email manager and get refund....but is this really a big deal?

SnuggleBuggles
08-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Best to check into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o_mom
08-16-2017, 12:39 PM
E-mail them. Get it straightened out now - that could add up over the year, especially if you start seeing charges on days he is there that you aren't sure about.

Dayzy
08-16-2017, 02:17 PM
I would look into it. If it was an accident of a child having given the wrong number, you want that straightened out right away before it happens over and over.

BunnyBee
08-16-2017, 02:30 PM
I'd follow up and make sure the account is attached to the correct child before it happens again.

TwinFoxes
08-16-2017, 02:37 PM
I would bring it up not because the money is a lot, but to nip any problem in the bud before it becomes a big problem.

sadbunny
08-16-2017, 02:46 PM
Thanks, I just emailed the only email I could find on the school cafeteria website, hopefully it will get to the right person! Thank you all!

hbridge
08-16-2017, 06:39 PM
We were charged for lunch once for a child who had not attended the school for almost a year. I called, there was an issue with the computer system. Definitely call, it's not necessarily about the $$, but the school needs to know about problems with the system...

sadbunny
08-17-2017, 09:31 AM
Update: I was pleasantly surprised to get a response within an hour - an apology that there must've been a mix up with it being the first days of school and they would fix his account.