PDA

View Full Version : 15 Cent notebooks at Staples. Check your local ads!

bisous
08-23-2017, 12:47 PM
I know some of us were looking for rock bottom deals on notebooks. The cheapest I had found before was 25 cents. I bought 40. Now they're at 15!

Dream
08-23-2017, 04:15 PM
I know some of us were looking for rock bottom deals on notebooks. The cheapest I had found before was 25 cents. I bought 40. Now they're at 15!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm curious to know, how long its going to take you to go through 40 books?

SnuggleBuggles
08-23-2017, 04:24 PM
At my Staples, the fine print says they're cheap only for quantities under 30. After that, regular price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmjenn
08-23-2017, 05:00 PM
I keep meaning to go over there. Probably will make it tomorrow morning but I doubt there will be any left.
In California, they are not allowed to "require" school supplies from the family. We receive "donation request" lists, and it includes a classroom supply request list (tissues, copy paper, more erasers and markers etc) This year I had everything but was using an older notebook I thought was unused. When stocking my sons backpack, I realized I had written on the first 10 pages. My son told me the teachers provide notebooks anyway, and he was right. On the first day, yesterday, each desk had a stack of supplies on it. I saw the notebook that was requested, but didn't pay much attention to what else was there, as we didn't go into the classroom.
So if there are any left, I will be buying a bunch for the school to use as needed.

bisous
08-23-2017, 06:45 PM
At my Staples, the fine print says they're cheap only for quantities under 30. After that, regular price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh. That's what mine said too. I thought it was 40 but maybe it was 30? It will take us about a year to go through these. Though honestly last year I swear the kids needed more for school. We might have some left over for next year at this rate. My kids use them like crazy because they create their own poke-decks and minecraft "levels" (yes, on paper) and all kinds of stuff. Pretty cheap entertainment. :)

pharmjenn
08-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Mine had plenty of college ruled, and a few wide ruled. But at check out I found out the 0.15 was only for the first 5 notebooks. After that was 0.25.

PZMommy
08-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Two weeks ago they were on sale for 10 cents. You can only buy 5 at that price and then you can get the rest for 25 cents. I needed 150 notebooks, so I brought both of my kids and we went through the line several times each day all week to get the amount I needed. The manager knows me from all of my shopping there, so he would open up a register for me, so I wouldn't hold up the rest of the customers. I had to buy 30 sets of crayons, markers, composition notebooks, colored pencils, glue stick, etc. We can't ask parents for supplies, and my school has no money for supplies other than limited number of pencils and paper. I easily spent hundreds on supplies for my students each year.

Dream
08-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Still $0.50 at my store. Surprisingly the school's requiring only 4-5 books every year.