PDA

View Full Version : south Texas BBB'ers - stay safe!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-25-2017, 02:47 PM
reading the news re: Hurricane Harvey touching down this weekend..hoping everyone stays safe.

we are north enough that we will probably just get rain. my IL's are San Antonio..i'm hoping their house doesn't get too flooded.

tropicalmom
08-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Hoping you and family ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

KpbS
08-27-2017, 09:20 AM
So much destruction and so much flooding! :(. Update us y'all when you get the chance! :hug:

Reyadawnbringer
09-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Just checking in. We live in an area that was under water from the storm. Our house is safe and not flooded, but DS school was flooded as was my neighborhood. It was quite scary and stressful for a while. We are safe though and that is good, but the emotional toll has been great.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

♥ms.pacman♥
09-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Just checking in. We live in an area that was under water from the storm. Our house is safe and not flooded, but DS school was flooded as was my neighborhood. It was quite scary and stressful for a while. We are safe though and that is good, but the emotional toll has been great.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

wow, so glad you guys and your house are OK!!
i can only imagine the stress at this time.

i was really worried for DH's grandma and aunts/uncles in Corpus Christi, but in the end i guess it didn't hit them that badly...though DH's grandma's house lost power for 8 days (!) and they had to stay with other family in the meantime.

DH's cousin & his wife live in Houston..the wife is a NICU nurse, and during Harvey she and the others in that shift were basically locked in the hospital, having to work crazy long shifts every day for 5 days straight (then they got to home when the other folks in the shift take over). i can't even imagine what that must be like, weathering the storm for that long without getting to see your family, then wondering how you will get home, etc.

i have been in contact with various people who are hosting or fostering" families in DFW displaced by Harvey. One family had a 4yo boy who had lost all his toys and trains in the flood, so we were happy to give a set of DS's trains to him. i really imagine it must be so hard for families right now who have lost so much, and the uncertainty of everything.

I see national Harvey coverage is getting less and less in the news (especially now with Irma) though there are still so many families struggling right now with the aftermath. the other day My DH went to Costco and went a little nuts buying diapers, wipes, pads, etc and hoping to donate to a local Harvey shelter around here.