PDA

View Full Version : Mild Migraine?

bisous
08-28-2017, 12:22 PM
I had migraines as a Middle Schooler forever ago. I think I might be having one now? It is mildly debilitating but I can still kind of get stuff done. Sitting still is torturous. I have blinky visual disturbance things going on. Frankly, being online or watching screens is miserable. I'm finishing a couple of things up for one of my jobs though so I have to work on the computer. I'm thinking maybe I should drink a diet coke and have some ibuprofen. Any other tips? Also, if this was a true migraine, it should be completely unbearable, right? Is caffeine effective against other kinds of headaches too? What makes it a migraine?

Any tips appreciated!

kdeunc
08-28-2017, 12:34 PM
It may just be the beginning of a migraine. I would have the caffeine. There are occasions when I only have the visual disturbances and don't get the pain at all or only mildly. When I was pregnant with my second child I would have visual migraines only. The visual disturbances would last exactly 20 minutes (you could set a clock by them!) and it did not matter if I took medicine or not. My head would never actually hurt with those. Now if I have the aura I can sometimes keep it from going full blown by taking ibuprofen with a coke. Hope yours gets better soon. I hate the visual stuff!

lalasmama
08-28-2017, 01:07 PM
When this starts for me, I do Diet Coke, Advil, and sunglasses. The sunglasses will usually help me get through the computer work until I can get away from work.

bisous
08-28-2017, 01:21 PM
OK thanks! This is day two actually! It started yesterday afternoon and I went to bed at 8:00, hoping it would be gone in the morning. This morning it was overcast and it was much more bearable but definitely still there. I'll try to add the sunglasses too. I tried the Coke and it seemed to "feel" good. I got distracted and haven't had the ibuprofen yet. I'll go take some. Thank you!

aa2mama
08-28-2017, 02:18 PM
Sounds like a migraine to me. If it continues, I would pick up some Natural Calm magnesium. At the first sign of a migraine I always drink 1/2tsp. of powder mixed with water along with two Excedrin and that actually works better than a prescription for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

bisous
08-28-2017, 03:03 PM
Sounds like a migraine to me. If it continues, I would pick up some Natural Calm magnesium. At the first sign of a migraine I always drink 1/2tsp. of powder mixed with water along with two Excedrin and that actually works better than a prescription for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Ok. Thank you for the suggestion. I will pick some up.

mackmama
08-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Sounds like an ocular migraine which is what I get. Mine usually don't hurt, mainly visual disturbances. Get off the computer, and don't read - just makes it worse. Drink water, and have some Diet Coke or caffeine. The visual part usually passes for me within an hour. If you are still having visual disturbances tomorrow, I'd see your doctor.