PDA

View Full Version : Cute mugs with cool handles

Globetrotter
08-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Has anyone seen cute mugs with handles that stay cool in the microwave? I found some adorable ones at Pier 1 in animal shapes, but those handles get really hot in the microwave. These are for college-age girls.

rlu
08-28-2017, 10:12 PM
From your title I thought you wanted "cool" (looking) handles.

I have no suggestions, but found this article that says to stay away from stoneware and look for porcelain. I've never read this site before, so can't recommend, but linking in case she is right. https://www.deilataylor.com/mug-handles-that-stay-cool-in-microwaves/

robinsmommy
08-29-2017, 12:10 AM
I do better with tempered glass for easy handling, but there usually is nothing fancy or cute about them. My "mug" is actually a tempered glass beer stein. The last Cost+ mug I bought years ago was really beautiful and labeled "microwave safe" but the handle got hot enough to burn me - I retired it after that.

khm
08-29-2017, 09:47 AM
None of my mugs get hot handles in the microwave.....

Several are from Starbucks (the locations ones, which are fun) and some taller ones that say Grande or something. In general, I think they have a cute selection that my high school age daughter and her friends seem to like. (Her go-to friend gift is a mug filled with candy these days.)

I also have a plain white set from PB that are safely microwavable, and some randoms from TJ Maxx, etc.

Globetrotter
09-05-2017, 11:27 AM
Thanks all! I went with thinner handled ones from threadless - love the designs! I think that should work.