PDA

View Full Version : What day planner do you use to organize your day?

jerseygirl07067
08-30-2017, 04:07 PM
I still haven't gone over to an electronic calendar yet. I love the freedom of being able to look at it since I like to turn my phone off around 10. I have this binder with a gazillion lists and need something more streamlined, but not costly, as well as a huge family calendar. Any suggestions?

jgenie
08-30-2017, 10:36 PM
I've been using a bullet journal for 2 yrs now. I love it. My bullet journal is very simple but it does just what I need it to do. I print off my monthly iCal calendar and tape it into my bullet journal.

http://bulletjournal.com

TwoBees
08-30-2017, 11:18 PM
I use customized Agendio daily inserts in a Franklin Covey binder., in conjunction with my phone calendar (synced with my husband's). I highly recommend Agendio. (If you are interested in my referral link please send a pm.) I also really like Inkwell Press.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

jerseygirl07067
08-31-2017, 07:45 AM
I've been using a bullet journal for 2 yrs now. I love it. My bullet journal is very simple but it does just what I need it to do. I print off my monthly iCal calendar and tape it into my bullet journal.

http://bulletjournal.com

I love the concept, but is there a premade planner that would kind of allow you to do all of that without making up your own pages?

khm
08-31-2017, 10:11 AM
The beauty of the Bullet Journal is that you can do what you want. I started with a freebie lined journal from work, to see what I needed. I do not need daily pages down to the minute, I realized I don't even need weekly on paper (I use google calendar to see my week with times).

I ended up using a month on one side and to-do lists on the other side. My "month" is two columns, vs. the 1 he shows in his video. I just need the basics of game days, doc appts, etc. The view that is hard to see on my phone, ya know?

My main need is the to-do on the other side! I need to check stuff off. I do work to-dos under the "calendar".

I find it kind of zen to write in the new months. I do NOT do colored pencils and stickers and artsy stuff like you see on Pinterest.

I've now been doing it for a year and a half. I like that I could start whenever (vs. New Year January or August school calendars). I like that I can rough out months or years in advance and fill in a reminder or note. I like that I'm walking around with more than a year and I don't have to transfer lists, notes, goals when a new year starts, I like that I have the past as well as the future.

I use a LEUCHTTURM 1917, lined. It has page numbers, so I can "index" lists and months and goal sheets, but mostly, I just flip through it. That notebook is good, and I believe they also make the official Bullet Journal he created on his site.

The 1917 is nice, but honestly, so was the freebie from work! It was slightly thinner and slightly larger. I could fold a letter size paper and it'd fit perfectly. The 1917, I print all the kids sports schedules out and slip them inside (I have a fear of going to the wrong field at the wrong time, and like to see the official schedule!), but the pages stick out a bit.

It really can be ANY notebook you have to get started and to try different things out! I'd maybe grab a blank something and just try different things. When you know what you need, it is easier to find something pre-printed that might work for you.