PDA

View Full Version : Lunchbots question

Globetrotter
09-02-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm looking for containers that are leak proof. Lunchbots has some round ones that work. But I was wondering, for the rectangular divided containers, I know they are not leak proof but people use silicone baking cups in them. Does that actually work to keep fruit juices from going over to other compartments? Wouldn't they leak out of the container itself? I would probably use the round leakproof ones for stuff like watermelon, but maybe grapes and carrots etc. would be fine in the regular ones.

mmsmom
09-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Grapes or carrots would be fine. Strawberries or watermelon need leakproof. The issue is you put them in flat but then they are tilted in the backpack so things like strawberry or watermelon will seep into other compartments. Still love LunchBots though!

Kindra178
09-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Carrots and grapes are fine in lunchbots.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mackmama
09-02-2017, 07:21 PM
I use lunchbots everyday with silicone baking cups. I send sliced strawberries and watermelon regularly. We haven't had any leaking into the other compartments.

acmom
09-02-2017, 08:12 PM
I put in strawberries (whole, just cut off top), grapes, carrots, and pickles regularly with no problem.

PZMommy
09-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Have they improved on the lunchbots recently?? I tried them about a year ago, and most of the lids were really loose fitting. Just jostling around in his lunchbox caused the lids to come off and food to spill all over his box. I ended up sending all of them back.

mackmama
09-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Have they improved on the lunchbots recently?? I tried them about a year ago, and most of the lids were really loose fitting. Just jostling around in his lunchbox caused the lids to come off and food to spill all over his box. I ended up sending all of them back.

All of our lunchbots except one are tight-fitting. I think the loose one is old, so maybe they changed their design. I put a rubber band around the loose one.

Globetrotter
09-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Ok, this is helpful. In the new design, is the lid flush with the top of the dividers?

mackmama
09-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Ok, this is helpful. In the new design, is the lid flush with the top of the dividers?

I don't think so - I think there's still some room. My silicone cups just somehow reach the top edge I think or are a little taller so squish down.

PZMommy
09-02-2017, 10:55 PM
All of our lunchbots except one are tight-fitting. I think the loose one is old, so maybe they changed their design. I put a rubber band around the loose one.

I can't trust my 6 yr old with a rubber band! lol

Globetrotter
09-02-2017, 11:39 PM
I don't think so - I think there's still some room. My silicone cups just somehow reach the top edge I think or are a little taller so squish down.]

OK, so the trick is to buy silicone cups that go to the top. I think I'm sold on these! Thanks everyone for all the tips. I'll probably get some leakproof ones also for very watery stuff.

Globetrotter
09-02-2017, 11:40 PM
I can't trust my 6 yr old with a rubber band! lol
I believe the newer lids stay on, based on pp.