PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Maytag Bravos XL washer?

Dream
09-05-2017, 11:32 AM
We're in the market for a new washer and dryer. I'm looking for a top loader because of mold and leak issues that seem to plague the front loaders. The Bravos is 5.3 cu ft which seems pretty big and no agitator. Reviews seems pretty good. But I don't have the membership to check consumer reports. We might end up with the matching dryer as well. Speed queen is too small for us, we're a family of 6 so we do a lot of laundry.

Does anyone here own the Maytag Bravos? Please share your experience.

Thank you

Octobermommy
09-05-2017, 11:40 AM
I had mine for a few years then had major problems. We would fix it & then it would work for a month or so & then not again. Got a speed queen ( that comes with a 5 yr warranty) & so happy with that. Clothes actually get clean again! I wish I was kidding, but the bravos xl gets a big thumbs down from me

lisa928
09-05-2017, 01:15 PM
I don't have the membership to check consumer reports.

Here you go...

Mikey0709
09-05-2017, 02:29 PM
I do a TON of laundry too, probably every day of my life.... and honestly - i freakin LOVE my speed queen. Give me the old school agitator any day - clothes are so much cleaner, and FAST. I love 20 minute loads... i can't believe some washers take an hour and 1/2. I wish my dryer could keep up, so in between i do the stuff i have to hang to dry.

Honestly - - i think they get cleaner, is because of smaller loads. Had a maytag xl stainless one before this one, but only lasted 8 years.

Dream
09-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Here you go...

Thank you.

Dream
09-06-2017, 11:04 AM
ok so I gave up on the Maytag Bravos. I was at sears and PC Richard yesterday and none of them have speed queen to even look at. So now we set our eyes on a GE 4.6 cu ft no agitator, model GTW680BSJWS.

The thing is pretty much all washers have mix reviews. So confusing.

AnnieW625
09-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Independent stores carry Speed Queen. We have an independent chain (Howard's) that carries them here, but don't usually keep them in stock and on the floor so you need to order them. If that is your case then to see a Speed Queen go to a laundromat. The only thing that is different is that Speed Queen residential has a dial for most models, and Speed Queen commercial have push buttons.
Here is a Speed Queen dealer locator:
https://www.speedqueen.com/products/where-to-buy.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream
09-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Independent stores carry Speed Queen. We have an independent chain (Howard's) that carries them here, but don't usually keep them in stock and on the floor so you need to order them. If that is your case then to see a Speed Queen go to a laundromat. The only thing that is different is that Speed Queen residential has a dial for most models, and Speed Queen commercial have push buttons.
Here is a Speed Queen dealer locator:
https://www.speedqueen.com/products/where-to-buy.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I'll look into that.