PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of that tummy pooch!!

♥ms.pacman♥
09-05-2017, 08:31 PM
i've posted here many times with the seemingly never-ending struggle to get rid of the "mummy tummy". my youngest is 6years old, and even though i was eventually able to lose the 30 lbs of baby weight a few years ago i still struggled with the tummy bulge, fitting into pants w/o muffin top, etc. past several years i have exercised regularly by running (5k/10k's, half-marathons), zumba, hot yoga, but nothing ever seemed to make a difference re: my tummy..was very frustrating.

i finally figured out that instead of just doing cardio , i really needed to do targeted muscle toning exercises, to strengthen the abs muscle so it's not like everything is hanging out. i started doing Pure Barre in June and got quickly addicted to it. then at work we started doing a 90day challenge, doing 25 minutes of HIIT-like workouts. i got the videos to do at home so it is super convenient.

Also, re: eating, i still don't count calories but i found that NOT SNACKING at night helped tremendously!! made me less bloated in general. it was super hard at first but then got used to it. i think what makes it hard as moms is that we can't save eating treats for after kids are in bed. i have to it eat it in front of them, which means there has to be enough for them to have whatever i'm having. which i guess is good bc it makes me/us eat less sweets...lol

after a few weeks I a started feeling a difference, not just in my abs but in my arms. then, pants started fitting better finally. i took a photo over the weekend (after completing 40th Barre class) and compared it to same from 10 weeks earlier. i've only lost like 2 lbs since, but i can really see a difference, i think! this is from doing PUre Barre 4-5x a week, and maybe T25 workouts at home (half hour) 2-3 x a week.

anyway just figured i'd share in case it helps anyone. i'm 1 year away from 40 and the struggle is real! lol

foodiezen
09-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Good job! And congrats! Thanks for sharing & being an inspiration plus giving me some hope! Katherine

petesgirl
09-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Wow! That's awesome! I need to get motivated to do something about my baby fat...

jgenie
09-05-2017, 09:57 PM
Wow - you look great!! If you do the first week free promo can you still do the unlimited month for $99?

♥ms.pacman♥
09-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Wow - you look great!! If you do the first week free promo can you still do the unlimited month for $99?

thanks! and yes, i did exactly this! i did the first week free, then i did the unlimited month for $99. i think i managed to squeeze in 24 classes in that 5 week period!

Also, not sure if all Pure Barre studios are the same, but at mine i found out that if you manage to go at least 12 times in the your first unlimited month, you can get a SECOND unlimited month for another $99! So i did that..almost done with that one now.

Anyway I think may have to go and get a 12month unlimited membership now. :)

specialp
09-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Great job!

essnce629
09-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Ooo, nice!!! [emoji106] [emoji106] Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

citymama
09-06-2017, 02:50 AM
Amazing! I am definitely going to follow up with some questions! Keep doing what you're doing because it does get harder post 40...

Philly Mom
09-06-2017, 06:46 AM
ms.pacman[emoji813];4264058]thanks! and yes, i did exactly this! i did the first week free, then i did the unlimited month for $99. i think i managed to squeeze in 24 classes in that 5 week period!

Also, not sure if all Pure Barre studios are the same, but at mine i found out that if you manage to go at least 12 times in the your first unlimited month, you can get a SECOND unlimited month for another $99! So i did that..almost done with that one now.

Anyway I think may have to go and get a 12month unlimited membership now. :)

Mine does not do that as far as I know. I think pure barre is amazing. Because of summer stuff I haven't been in a month and before then I was only going 2x a week. My body feels the difference. Starting next week, I am hoping to get back to 3 or 4x a week.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

HannaAddict
09-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Awesome job and you look great. Good discipline too, I'm inspired. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♥ms.pacman♥
09-06-2017, 04:16 PM
thanks everyone!!

Mine does not do that as far as I know. I think pure barre is amazing. Because of summer stuff I haven't been in a month and before then I was only going 2x a week. My body feels the difference. Starting next week, I am hoping to get back to 3 or 4x a week.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

i wasn't aware of the promotion (it's not really advertised) until i was nearing the end of my first $99 initial month and one instructor mentioned it. i can see why they do it now, bc they figure they can really get ppl hooked with 2 months unlimited! even without it though, i would have still bought the 12mo membership.

anyway i am lucky that the studio is very close to my work..today i went during lunch.

also, should check out the new Empower class, it is great to get cardio in. it's also only 45 minutes.

fauve01
09-28-2017, 02:08 PM
at work we started doing a 90day challenge, doing 25 minutes of HIIT-like workouts. i got the videos to do at home so it is super convenient.

Also, re: eating, i still don't count calories but i found that NOT SNACKING at night helped tremendously!! made me less bloated in general. it was super hard at first but then got used to it. i think what makes it hard as moms is that we can't save eating treats for after kids are in bed. i have to it eat it in front of them, which means there has to be enough for them to have whatever i'm having. which i guess is good bc it makes me/us eat less sweets...lol

Hi, thanks for sharing your story. i just found a Barre place local to me so i'll check it out.

I just wondered what videos are you doing? are they Barre videos? or are they some kind of cardio videos while you still go do Barre classes? and did you always go 4-5X per week?

Also wondering what time do you go to bed? is your last eating for the day your dinner with your family? what does the rest of your day's menu/eating look like?

TIA

sunshiney
10-22-2017, 11:59 AM
Wow! Congrats!

hellokitty
10-27-2017, 07:42 AM
Good job on figuring it out! I've tried barre before at two places, but we do not have any designated studios. One place, I thought was ok, the other I did not like at all. My friends who have gone to purely barre studios in their areas absolutely love it. ITA with you on evening snacking. I lost some weight in the past month and it has been largely in part to a big cut in evening snacking... now I just fall asleep in front of the tv, lol.

California
11-06-2017, 12:55 AM
You look great!

I'm finding that brushing my teeth at night right after my kids go to bed is curbing my nighttime snacking. Silly but it seems to be working!

jgenie
11-06-2017, 04:46 AM
You look great!

I'm finding that brushing my teeth at night right after my kids go to bed is curbing my nighttime snacking. Silly but it seems to be working!

I used to brush my teeth right after dinner. It helped a lot. Thanks for the reminder!

sunshiney
12-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Great job, way to go!