PDA

View Full Version : Stitch Fix - how to maximize success?

twowhat?
09-07-2017, 11:03 AM
So I finally signed up. Despite feeling like I do buy plenty of new clothes, whenever I'm packing for work I always feel like I don't have the right things. I filled out the Stitch Fix profile online, and added in more information (including my exact measurements) whenever there was a free text field, but I'm unwilling to link to FB or LinkedIn or Pinterest (I'm just skeptical of how private these things really are).

What else should I do to maximize success? How have you liked your Stitch Fix, if anyone is still using it?

candaceb
09-07-2017, 11:07 AM
My friends who have had the most success put a bunch of stuff on pinterest. Why not create a dummy pinterest account for this purpose?

cvanbrunt
09-07-2017, 11:21 AM
If you aren't willing to link to a Pinterest board then you will need to give it time. It's an algorithm that picks stuff and then a person finishes it up. The person looks at your board and uses that to personalize the choices more. The more iterations the computer goes thru, learning what you like (by what you keep) and what you don't, the better your boxes are. I've been using it for 3 years. I found a stylist I really liked and request her. Also, be honest about what you are willing to spend, there's a huge range in price points.

94bruin
09-09-2017, 10:51 AM
I've received two fixes. The first was horrible - it seemed like they picked the complete opposite of what I had requested, so I complained. They gave me a second fix for free (without the styling fee). The second fix was much better. I kept two items from that fix - I would have kept a third, but I already had a very similar item in my closet. I did change a few things in my profile before requesting that second fix. I realized that the fantasy of what I wanted didn't necessarily match to the reality of what I would actually wear.

I created a special Stitch Fix Pinterest board and linked to that board. I don't really care if they look at my other Pinterest boards. The few things that I do care to have hidden, I put on a private board anyways.

ChicagoNDMom
09-09-2017, 11:01 AM
I wish you luck. I received 3 fixes. The first was actually quite good. The next 2 were horrendous (think black and white vertically striped wide leg palazzo pants that they thought were "work appropriate"). This is with a Pinterest page I spent quite a bit of time curating to help them. It is all algorithms, not a real stylist picking out clothes for you. I would just be very, very specific in your needs, likes, and dislikes and be prepared to lose the styling fee if nothing works. I gave up after 2 total miss fixes.

squimp
09-09-2017, 12:56 PM
I am trying it for the first time, have not gotten a box yet. I don't have a Pinterest fashion board so I am probably hosed. I really think they are kind of lazy, I was expecting a survey when you would go through different looks and say what you like and don't like, so they could refine your algorithm. My expectations are pretty low at this point. I also don't like how I have no clue how much it will cost.

StantonHyde
09-09-2017, 05:45 PM
I know someone who has had amazing luck. She has a pinterest board and she gives detailed feedback on whatever she sends back. She has used it for several years with awesome results. It definitely learns as you buy more, which is great.

AnnieW625
09-10-2017, 08:13 AM
I have had Stitch Fix for a just over a year now; I get it once every three months. I really look forward to my fixes and I do feel like it curbs my need to shop. The first fix I had and the last fix were the worst so far; I have had 6 fixes. The first fix I kept a maxi dress and a top, fixes two through five I bought most or all of the items (they started the size exchange program around that time, which I have used) and I have worn all of the items on a regular basis. The last fix I had in June two items that I really loved so I kept those, but honestly I almost kept the whole fix, but they sent me this really crappy made piece of jewelry so it made more sense to return the remaining three items.

I was pretty vocal about my distaste in the jewelry that was sent to me last time and how it felt like a $5 piece of Clare's jewelry with a $30+ price tag and my profile now says no jewelry so hopefully the stylist sees that in my next order. My profile has definite likes and dislikes and a request not to send me shoes (because shoes are a pita) and I have a Pinterest board linked to my account. I have my prices set at no more than $50-$100 for a single item so while my profile says business casual my fixes end up being more casual Friday than traditional business casual i.e.: pencil suits, blazers, cashmere sweaters or fancy blouses because I am sure those are all at the higher $100-$200+ per item selection.

I also think their sizing is kind of wonky because the clothing is a lot of smaller boutique like brands. I have my shirt/sweater size set at large as that is my TTS (sometimes a medium at Target or Talbots if they run big), but I have needed to exchange a few dresses, a top, a skirt, and a jacket for an XL because it didn't fit.

Customer service wise I have had good luck and needed to use it on a few occasions:
1. My first original fix was "delivered" but I never received it so I contacted them and said I never received the delivery and they sent me a different fix.
2. I wanted to exchange an item for a bigger size and the exchange item wasn't available through the return process so I emailed them and they were able to find me the item in their stock and put it on hold for me. This happened twice. One item was a different color of the same shirt, but I really like the shirt they sent vs. the original one so that ended up being a plus.
3. I tried to exchange a pair of capris and the item they sent still didn't fit so I asked for a refund on the pants and they gave it to me. I had bought all 5 items on that fix so I was nervous they wouldn't give me the 25% off the rest of my order, but they still did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowhat?
09-13-2017, 10:58 AM
OK, I set up a dummy Pinterest board, and also made sure my style profile was filled out to the max, including stuff I don't want (I hate boat necklines, for example). First fix next week and I went ahead and did the every-other-month fix, which I can change later. I can definitely see how it would curb the need to shop!!! That's what I'm hoping for the most, that I won't do any shopping outside of "needs" and that I'll get enough pieces that I love from the Fix to be worthwhile, and that it will help with assembling outfits rather than my current method which is "I need tops. Oh, I like this top (buy it). I have nothing to wear with this top!"