PDA

View Full Version : **Best Deal Ever on PRISMACOLOR Colored Pencils (set of 72) !!!!!

Corie
09-07-2017, 02:37 PM
This is the best deal ever for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72)!!! Don't wait to buy them!! The price
fluctuates on Amazon and this is the best price on this set in 11 years.

The lowest price in CamelCamelCamel's 11-year history for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72) is $25.00.
Currently, the price on Amazon is now $24.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-Premier-Colored-Pencils-72-Count/dp/B000E23RSQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504808378&sr=8-3&keywords=prismacolor+colored+pencils+72

So, I went to Staples and had Staples do their 110% price match guarantee. (Staples will match Amazon.com)
That brings the price down to $21.60 for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72)!!!!! That is crazy!!! :)

And, I got even luckier! I bought the last 2 sets that my Staples had in stock. The computer rang up my total price at $35.02.
The store manager couldn't figure out how to change the price so he only charged me the $35.02.
Crazy awesome deal!!!

I am keeping one set for myself and I'm giving the other set to my daughter as a stocking stuffer!! Great gift!

AmyZ
09-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Thank you!! No time to go to Staples, so I just purchased from Amazon. Great deal!!

abh5e8
09-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Thanks! The 24 ct is on sale too.

Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, Soft Core, 24-Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IEEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_2vDSzb5TG29SW

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

SASM
09-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Thank you!!! I just went into my Staples this afternoon to grab two 72-ct's and was FLOORED that they sell them for $99.99/each at Staples!! Needless to say, the sales associate was more than a little shocked at my "110% price guarantee" find. Several managers were called, etc. I scored 2 packages for $35.xx total, as well!! Not sure how that worked out but I am not complaining!!

This afternoon when I was purchasing mine, they were still sold and shipped from Amazon for $24. NOW they are even lower...$21.99!! Not sold by Amazon so you cannot bring it into Staples BUT it's still Prime!!

maybeebaby08
09-12-2017, 06:24 PM
This is the best deal ever for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72)!!! Don't wait to buy them!! The price
fluctuates on Amazon and this is the best price on this set in 11 years.

The lowest price in CamelCamelCamel's 11-year history for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72) is $25.00.
Currently, the price on Amazon is now $24.00.

https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-Premier-Colored-Pencils-72-Count/dp/B000E23RSQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504808378&sr=8-3&keywords=prismacolor+colored+pencils+72

So, I went to Staples and had Staples do their 110% price match guarantee. (Staples will match Amazon.com)
That brings the price down to $21.60 for the Prismacolor Colored Pencils (set of 72)!!!!! That is crazy!!! :)

And, I got even luckier! I bought the last 2 sets that my Staples had in stock. The computer rang up my total price at $35.02.
The store manager couldn't figure out how to change the price so he only charged me the $35.02.
Crazy awesome deal!!!

I am keeping one set for myself and I'm giving the other set to my daughter as a stocking stuffer!! Great gift!

The 110% price match is 10% of the price difference. So if they charge $100-24=76(7.60 off each pack)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♥ms.pacman♥
09-14-2017, 12:07 AM
Holy crap! i just saw this and was like OMG, this must be a pricing error! i paid $75 for the same set last year (and bc of the $$$ i tried to guard it from my kids, to no avail, bc they LOVE these pencils and like to color)!

saw it was posted 6 days ago and thought for sure the price must have gone up but it was still at $24! so i grabbed a set for my kiddos..they will be so happy!!! my DD has the 24ct set which she uses so much some are nearly halfway gone, and plus she always liked to steal mommy's colors too. :)

thank you for posting this!!

Ms B
09-14-2017, 10:32 AM
OK, you all talked me into it . . . these will be perfect for the "adult coloring book with wine" session that my girlfriends and I have been trying to get scheduled!

urquie
09-14-2017, 01:26 PM
The pencils are currently $22 on Amazon

Ms B
09-14-2017, 01:31 PM

Yes. They would not price adjust me, but did give me a $2 credit due to the drop in under 2 hours after ordering. Heck of a deal!

NCGrandma
09-14-2017, 02:00 PM

You all finally sucked me in to the Prismacolor madness! I will now be all set the next time my family comes to visit, if I don't use them first [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

calebsmama03
09-14-2017, 02:38 PM
$20 now on Amazon!

Oops, back to $22 Now, literally moments after I ordered.

calebsmama03
09-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Thank you!!! I just went into my Staples this afternoon to grab two 72-ct's and was FLOORED that they sell them for $99.99/each at Staples!! Needless to say, the sales associate was more than a little shocked at my "110% price guarantee" find. Several managers were called, etc. I scored 2 packages for $35.xx total, as well!! Not sure how that worked out but I am not complaining!!

This afternoon when I was purchasing mine, they were still sold and shipped from Amazon for $24. NOW they are even lower...$21.99!! Not sold by Amazon so you cannot bring it into Staples BUT it's still Prime!!

Thanks for pointing out that you can't bring to Staples unless sold by amazon! Saved me a trip and potentially missing the deal! Would have been amazing to score for $110% guarantee at that price (if PP is correct it's $100-20=80 difference so $8 off then they'd have been $12 each! WOW! But can't complain at $20.)

ETA: For those who use these, what do you use to sharpen? Reading reviews in various places it sounds like the "wax cores" are prone to breakage when you try to sharpen. Seeing some complaints that the plant was moved to Mexico and quality is poor now, cores aren't centered in wood bored hence the breakage.

Also FYI someone on SD posted that the 24 count was on clearance at their Walmart for $2 in the school supplies. May want to check. I saw some when I was there 2 days ago but it was marked $14 and scanners were broken so I didn't bother to try. Perhaps I should go back!? That's going to be a HUGE YMMV but if you're there anyway, worth a look maybe? May be a lower version Prismacolor (I didn't look closely) but maybe for the kids?

babyonway
09-14-2017, 03:15 PM
LOL for some strange reason Subscribe and Save was an option for me with a 5% discount (rather than 15% even though I have a ton of items on S&S) bringing the price from $22 to $20.90.

calebsmama03
09-14-2017, 03:22 PM
LOL for some strange reason Subscribe and Save was an option for me with a 5% discount (rather than 15% even though I have a ton of items on S&S) bringing the price from $22 to $20.90.

I saw that! lol I've had issues (rarely) where a good deal had that option to I did it to save a little more and then they item was "no longer offered under S&S program" by the time my ship date arrived so it got cancelled. Just FYI if you'd be heartbroken to miss out. ;)

ang79
09-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Hmmm.....do I really need these? I have an almost brand new set of whatever brand AC Moore sells and my kids have Crayola. What makes these better?

babyonway
09-14-2017, 05:20 PM
I saw that! lol I've had issues (rarely) where a good deal had that option to I did it to save a little more and then they item was "no longer offered under S&S program" by the time my ship date arrived so it got cancelled. Just FYI if you'd be heartbroken to miss out. ;)

Thanks for letting me know, it still says it is shipping :) I'll wait and see.

baymom
09-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Just ordered a set for $22 even though we have a million colored pencils at home. And I only very occasionally do adult coloring books. Still, I've always fawned over the Prismacolor sets, so figured the low price was a sign..... :love-retry:

robinsmommy
09-14-2017, 07:41 PM
Hmmm.....do I really need these? I have an almost brand new set of whatever brand AC Moore sells and my kids have Crayola. What makes these better?

These are real art pencils - this is what my mom used in art school and still uses. They blend better than the cheap ones, but as they are made with real pigments, I don't think they qualify as "nontoxic". Bear that in mind if you have little people at home.

I think I saw a deal on the markers, too....have to go dig thru my email.

My Staples would not price match, as they could not find the "shipped by Amazon" on the mobile site. As they came out of the store room with a badly dented box, I would prefer Amazon, anyhow.

ETA - I think the color selection is better, as well the pigments as being richer and deeper than Crayola. I have to color a long time with cheap pencils to get the same amount of color on the page.

urquie
09-14-2017, 08:37 PM
My Staples would not price match, as they could not find the "shipped by Amazon" on the mobile site. As they came out of the store room with a badly dented box, I would prefer Amazon, anyhow.

I had that same problem today, here's the solution...

Look directly below the price, where it says "prime/free one day… Delivered tomorrow for free… "

And then the next line down it will say "note: available at a lower price from other sellers"

Click on "other sellers," That will give you the list of all sellers and it will tell who is selling and at what price. Currently, it has Amazon selling it at $22.86. Once the manager saw that, they gave me the 110% price guarantee… $14ish for a pack! :-)

Staples keeps these in a back room (bring them the card hanging under the shelf tag and they will find the right item) - our boxes look just fine.

carolinacool
09-14-2017, 09:03 PM
I'm in for the 24 pack. Last Christmas, my mom gave me a kit with two coloring books and some pencils. It's a Cra Z art set marketed to adults. The pencils seem to be better quality then the sets they market for kids and school. But I'm excited to give these a try. One question: when I was looking at these a few months ago, I saw that some people had difficulty sharpening them? Any tips there?

robinsmommy
09-15-2017, 01:16 AM
For sharpening, my mom used a German manual pencil sharpener with three blades, you went thru it progressively to get a sharp point. It had a bit of a learning curve. I would be careful about electric sharpeners. They may eat a lot of pencil unless it is a good one. But then, for $24, does it matter if it gets eaten a bit?

theloo
09-15-2017, 12:34 PM
I had that same problem today, here's the solution...

Look directly below the price, where it says "prime/free one day… Delivered tomorrow for free… "

And then the next line down it will say "note: available at a lower price from other sellers"

Click on "other sellers," That will give you the list of all sellers and it will tell who is selling and at what price. Currently, it has Amazon selling it at $22.86. Once the manager saw that, they gave me the 110% price guarantee… $14ish for a pack! :-)

Staples keeps these in a back room (bring them the card hanging under the shelf tag and they will find the right item) - our boxes look just fine.

This worked for me too. The team manager said they were "cracking down" on price matching, so it has to be sold and shipped by Amazon, not other sellers. I got it for $15.xx after price match last night :) Thanks, OP.

robinsmommy
09-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Sometimes the BBB can be such a bad influence.

https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-Premier-Double-Ended-24-Count-Carrying/dp/B007L4MFS8/ref=sr_1_4/132-8890543-4037853?ie=UTF8&qid=1505496559&sr=8-4&keywords=prismacolor+markers

It is only the 24 set with case, and is not the screaming deal the pencils are - unless Staples carries these as well. Sold and shipped by Amazon. ;)

Smillow
09-18-2017, 01:49 PM
Thank you ladies! I just picked them up for $16.40 at my Staples. It took them awhile to figure it out, but it was worth the time:)

Tenasparkl
09-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Sometimes the BBB can be such a bad influence.

https://www.amazon.com/Prismacolor-Premier-Double-Ended-24-Count-Carrying/dp/B007L4MFS8/ref=sr_1_4/132-8890543-4037853?ie=UTF8&qid=1505496559&sr=8-4&keywords=prismacolor+markers

It is only the 24 set with case, and is not the screaming deal the pencils are - unless Staples carries these as well. Sold and shipped by Amazon. ;)

Thanks for this! Mine just arrived and I love them SO much. I need to order a set for DD for Christmas.

KrisM
09-20-2017, 12:09 PM
I picked up a set but they only would match the price and not do 10% more.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

cheme
09-20-2017, 12:23 PM
My Staples refused to price match even though I could show them that it was sold by amazon.com. They said the difference was too big! Oh well, I was feeling a little bad asking. Even though staples is a big corporation, I worry about hurting brick and mortar stores. However, I'm not sure why they have the policy if they won't honor it!

aimeet
09-20-2017, 02:00 PM
My Staples refused to price match even though I could show them that it was sold by amazon.com. They said the difference was too big! Oh well, I was feeling a little bad asking. Even though staples is a big corporation, I worry about hurting brick and mortar stores. However, I'm not sure why they have the policy if they won't honor it!

Through their online chat, I was able to do the 110% price matching. They gave me no grief whatsoever, only asked for the staples item number and the amazon link. I wasn't sure if they needed it but I also gave them the link to sellers. Since I bought 4 sets, I got free shipping to my home, but I also could have picked it up in store for free shipping. The only caveat is I waited for a phone call to give them my cc number, which was about an hour later.

jgenie
09-20-2017, 02:09 PM
Through their online chat, I was able to do the 110% price matching. They gave me no grief whatsoever, only asked for the staples item number and the amazon link. I wasn't sure if they needed it but I also gave them the link to sellers. Since I bought 4 sets, I got free shipping to my home, but I also could have picked it up in store for free shipping. The only caveat is I waited for a phone call to give them my cc number, which was about an hour later.

Did you buy online and get price matched?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

aimeet
09-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Did you buy online and get price matched?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

No, I did the online chat. I gave them all the information and they started a draft order with everything but my credit card number. Then someone from Staples called me an hour later for my credit card number. After that, I got my confirmation email and am expecting to receive my order Tuesday.

SASM
09-20-2017, 07:52 PM
I picked up a set but they only would match the price and not do 10% more.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That's a bummer!!

SASM
09-20-2017, 07:59 PM

This is soooo NOT COOL!! I have been to two local Staples on 3 occasions. No issues at any of these times with three different salespeople. One visit I bought two 75-pack's...they weren't thrilled as the total without tax pre-discount was $200 BUT they honored it without question because it said "Shipped and Sold by Amazon" AND I questioned their 110% price match policy before I put down my items.

I also just bought a 24-pack of markers today. The young salesperson nor the manager batted an eye. The manager was running around like crazy but she saw the price.

Try going at a different time of day. You are not doing anything wrong! It is insane that a 75-pack of pencils is $100...it isn't even this price normally on Amazon.

lisa928
09-20-2017, 08:43 PM
I just called Staples and bought two for $16.40 each ($24-$7.60). Tried to price match via chat but had issues with rep. Called and it was done in two minutes.

urquie
09-21-2017, 12:33 AM
I also just bought a 24-pack of markers today.

Was that the 24 pack of double sided markers that a previous poster mentioned, that came with a carry case? If so, can you please tell me Staple's price and how much you got them for? Thanks for any info!

SASM
09-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Was that the 24 pack of double sided markers that a previous poster mentioned, that came with a carry case? If so, can you please tell me Staple's price and how much you got them for? Thanks for any info!
Yes. I bought:

24pack double-ended Brush/Fine with case.
Item #070735003034
Regular price $75.99
Amazon price $35.10
110% price guarantee -$44.98
Subtotal $31.01

They also had 24pk Chisel/Fine with case for $89.99, I believe. HTH.

urquie
09-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Yes. I bought:

24pack double-ended Brush/Fine with case.
Item #070735003034
Regular price $75.99
Amazon price $35.10
110% price guarantee -$44.98
Subtotal $31.01

They also had 24pk Chisel/Fine with case for $89.99, I believe. HTH.

Great, thanks! If you've had a chance to try them out yet... how do you like them? Are they worth the cost? :-)

SASM
09-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Great, thanks! If you've had a chance to try them out yet... how do you like them? Are they worth the cost? :-)
I haven't yet. Stashed away from my kids in my secret hiding space. �� They have rave reviews on Amazon...my only other marker experience is with my 24pk of Sharpies so I am looking forward to having the intricate tip of the brush.

Tenasparkl
09-21-2017, 01:45 PM

They're great! The brush tip is so nice to color/draw with.

robinsmommy
09-21-2017, 03:00 PM
I have also heard that the brush tip is better to draw/color with. The chisel tips can be kind of clunky. I'm sure they have their fans (perhaps more for graphic arts stuff where you need lots of straight lines/letters/numbers?), but I think most general use is better with the brush tip.

They do have a bit of an odor (alcohol, I think). And they do bleed thru a lot of thinner paper (probably in part due to the qualities that make them blend-able) - stick a couple scrap pieces of paper, or some cardboard under your work area. For those reasons, I would not let a young child use them - same as any other high quality $$$ art material.

You can also add favorite colors individually. Plan on doing that at my local art store once I get my set.