PDA

View Full Version : Nutribullet??

mackmama
09-09-2017, 12:49 PM
We have a Vitamix that we never use because it's huge and doesn't fit on the counters of our current house. I have looked at the shorter containers but our Vitamix base is super tall. I also like the idea of something more portable where I can drink out of the actual container. Trying to make some lifestyle changes that are sustainable. I want to start making green smoothies again to get healthier.

Someone told me about the Nutribullet. Would you recommend that or something else? I also heard of something called the Ninja.

Smillow
09-09-2017, 12:55 PM
I love our nutribullet! I use it for green smoothies, mixing wet ingredients for baking and waffles and pancakes (I sneak in zucchini and squash and chips and flax seeds), making salad dressings and marinades. We have 3 different sized containers, but I don't drink out of them.

azzeps
09-09-2017, 01:00 PM
We have a Nutribullet too, and it's great! We also have a Vitamix that does not earn it's counter space, but that's where it is. :/ If I'm taking my smoothies to go, I put them in a Blender Bottle, but if I'm home, I stick a straw in the container and drink out of that.

squimp
09-09-2017, 01:13 PM
I have the Ninja Pro, it came with 2 cups and I use those a lot for morning smoothies. It is also very tall but the base with cups fits under my counters. I don't have a Vitamix but I find that it works so much better than my blender and my food processor. No more ice lumps.

jerseygirl07067
09-09-2017, 01:56 PM
We have a Vitamix that we never use because it's huge and doesn't fit on the counters of our current house. I have looked at the shorter containers but our Vitamix base is super tall. I also like the idea of something more portable where I can drink out of the actual container. Trying to make some lifestyle changes that are sustainable. I want to start making green smoothies again to get healthier.

Someone told me about the Nutribullet. Would you recommend that or something else? I also heard of something called the Ninja.

I've been wondering about this myself. I have a KitchenAid blender that I use all the time, but would love something I could just blend in and drink out of the container. The only thing is I've read reviews on the Nutribullet and they seem to die very quickly, same thing with the Ninja, which is why I haven't switched yet. Whereas my KitchenAid has lasted me over 10 years now, I just have to replace the coupler every so often which is like $5.

I think, iirc, that the Blendtec may be shorter? But it is very comparable to the Vitamix.

TwoBees
03-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Bumping this older thread because I have been looking at the Nutribullet in addition to the Ninja and the smaller, personal NutriNinja Auto IQ. Those of you who commented on the Nutribullet OR the Ninja, are you still happy with it? Does it crush ice well and does it blend up leafy greens (like spinach or kale)? Thank you!

gobadgers
03-14-2018, 09:37 AM
I didn't post on this last time, but wanted to chime in!

We got a NutriBullet a few months and we're loving it. The downside is that we don't expect it to last forever. We had the previous generation, a Magic Bullet, and used it all the time (mostly for baby food). It lasted OK considering how much we used it, I guess, but the motor eventually went out. I broke down and bought a NutriBullet so DS could make his own smoothies - and it works great for that. It's small, easy to handle and store, and easy cleanup. It does a good job with things like seeds, ice and "Power Greens" from Costco. I don't have a Vitamix - I'm sure it's not as awesome, but it's enough for our needs :-)

TwoBees
03-15-2018, 09:15 AM
I didn't post on this last time, but wanted to chime in!

We got a NutriBullet a few months and we're loving it. The downside is that we don't expect it to last forever. We had the previous generation, a Magic Bullet, and used it all the time (mostly for baby food). It lasted OK considering how much we used it, I guess, but the motor eventually went out. I broke down and bought a NutriBullet so DS could make his own smoothies - and it works great for that. It's small, easy to handle and store, and easy cleanup. It does a good job with things like seeds, ice and "Power Greens" from Costco. I don't have a Vitamix - I'm sure it's not as awesome, but it's enough for our needs :-)

I'm glad to hear it works well on seeds and ice and the power greens! Are the power greens frozen greens or fresh greens?

gobadgers
03-15-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm glad to hear it works well on seeds and ice and the power greens! Are the power greens frozen greens or fresh greens?

We've used fresh!

pinay
03-16-2018, 12:01 AM
I've used my Nutribullet every weekday morning for probably the last 2 years and it's still going strong! I pack my smoothie ingredients the night before and stick it in the fridge so that I just blend and go in the morning- so, I'm not using it to crush ice which may help with the lifespan of the motor.

magnoliaparadise
03-16-2018, 12:26 AM
My parents bought one at Costco and use it several times a day to make smoothies. It's very easy to use. It doesn't seem to have many 'options' or accessories, but as far as bang for one's buck, it seems great. They are very happy with it. And it is easy to assemble, use, and clean.

mm123
03-16-2018, 06:51 AM
This year, 8-year old DD2 asked for a blender for her birthday :). She really wanted to start making smoothies for herself. I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so we got her this small Hamilton Beach blender:

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Personal-Blender-51103/dp/B002V8ZEXW/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1521197061&sr=1-4&keywords=Hamilton+beach+blender

I have to say, this little thing is amazing. Super easy to use and clean, and makes a good smoothie (with both fresh and frozen fruit). No settings or anything, but it does the job. Bonus is that it's pretty small, so takes up very little space.

We haven't done it yet, but you can easily take the cup to go. We've been using it daily for a few months, and it's still going strong. Love it!! And at $15.00, if it lasts a year, we'll be doing great.

TwoBees
04-10-2018, 02:42 PM
This year, 8-year old DD2 asked for a blender for her birthday :). She really wanted to start making smoothies for herself. I didn't want to spend a ton of money, so we got her this small Hamilton Beach blender:

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Personal-Blender-51103/dp/B002V8ZEXW/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1521197061&sr=1-4&keywords=Hamilton+beach+blender

I have to say, this little thing is amazing. Super easy to use and clean, and makes a good smoothie (with both fresh and frozen fruit). No settings or anything, but it does the job. Bonus is that it's pretty small, so takes up very little space.

We haven't done it yet, but you can easily take the cup to go. We've been using it daily for a few months, and it's still going strong. Love it!! And at $15.00, if it lasts a year, we'll be doing great.

I missed this post originally. I have actually seen several really good reviews of this blender. Does it blend veggies well? I'm not sure if your DD is using it for that. I have also heard that it is relatively quiet - would you agree with this?

Thanks!

mm123
04-10-2018, 05:56 PM
I missed this post originally. I have actually seen several really good reviews of this blender. Does it blend veggies well? I'm not sure if your DD is using it for that. I have also heard that it is relatively quiet - would you agree with this?

Thanks!

So far, she's only used it for pretty simple fruit smoothies- fresh or frozen fruit plus almond or soy milk. I think it's pretty noisy, but I've actually never had a blender before, so I can't compare it to others :)