PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber sheets?

bisous
09-13-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm having a terrible time finding cotton percale twin xl sheets! Target has them on sale but they are microfiber. That sounds terrible to me. Anyone have any experience? FWIW, they're for my sweaty teen. He has insomnia. I want his bed to be ultra comfortable (but I have a teeny budget!)

Thoughts about microfiber sheets?

SnuggleBuggles
09-13-2017, 02:32 PM
Dislike. Go to IKEA. They have really nice cotton sheets at a good price. Otherwise try Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous
09-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Dislike. Go to IKEA. They have really nice cotton sheets at a good price. Otherwise try Costco.

All my other sheets are from IKEA. Would they work with Twin XL? I guess when the mattress comes I can try! As an aside, the most recent sheets I got from IKEA were not as nice as the ones I had purchased before. I think they changed their composition.

But good to know that you've tried them and dislike them. I'm not a terribly tactile person but the feel of those microfiber sheets kind of makes my skin crawl. I didn't know if I was alone or this was a common thing!

lizzywednesday
09-13-2017, 03:14 PM
...Would they work with Twin XL? ...

It's been my experience that regular Twin size fitted sheets will NOT work with XL mattresses.

Macy's has cotton ones at various price points - in college, mine were were Polo and Charter Club, as well as a t-shirt knit set from Company Store or something (gift from a relative.)

Martha Stewart brand at Macy's is also decent once you wash it.

AnnieW625
09-13-2017, 03:56 PM
JC Penney should have them (that is where mine came from in college) as should Kohls. The Kohls ones are called The Big One (we have regular sized twin ones, but I know I have seen XL twin as well) and I am sure the JCPenney ones are just JCPenney brand. Have you by chance checked a Target near a university? Mine keeps them then.

We have not tried microfiber sheets.

Mommy_Mea
09-13-2017, 06:44 PM
I saw a ton of twin XL fitted sheets at TJ Maxx the other day. I don't like the feel of microfiber sheets either!

legaleagle
09-13-2017, 06:58 PM
I got some twin xl sheets at ikea last month. It might be something they only carry for back to college not year round. Be sure to get the 310 thread count not the 160 ones

Cam&Clay
09-13-2017, 07:26 PM
I bought twin XL sheets from Kohl's this summer.

mmsmom
09-13-2017, 07:42 PM
I hate microfiber sheets. Stayed at a place with them once and the slightest rough spot on my heel kept catching on the sheets. I think they are awful. I'd keep looking for a deal on cotton sheets.

klwa
09-13-2017, 09:15 PM
While I'm not a huge fan, DS loves his set of microfiber sheets.

amandabea
09-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Microfiber sheets sound awful - dry heels and legs in need of shaving would drive me bonkers!

bisous
09-14-2017, 04:32 PM
Thank you all! Those are some great suggestions. My mom ended up buying a set from Target. It was $10 for a whole set. I'm thinking I'll keep it as backup. Maybe it won't bother DS1? I'd still like to find a legit comfy set so I'll look around at some of those places.