PDA

View Full Version : Mother/son dance deals for entertainment

MomtoNico
09-14-2017, 10:28 PM
I am in charge of getting quotes for the mother son dance fundraiser for my sons cub scouts. What type of entertainment do you think will work? The theme is a " knight out." Doing the castle theme stuff. The kids will be in first to maybe 6th grade. They were looking for a clown but I don't think anyone will really sit and watch a clown. I was thinking a dj that interacts with the crowd. What do you guys think? Also how do I find entertainment? Should I just ask around??

We have never done one before so if you guys have any other suggestions. Please let me know.

Zansu
09-14-2017, 10:54 PM
A jester would be thematically correct. Looks for someone who juggles, rides a unicycle, tells corny jokes. Maybe some sort of jousting or sword-play?

ang79
09-15-2017, 08:31 AM
Someone who does juggling and/or fire tricks? We were recently at a renaissance faire and there was a performer that did a show with juggling and fire sticks, it was entertaining for all ages. Also agree with the jester, at our medieval themed Girl Scout day camp they had a jester show, kids especially loved when he asked for volunteers to help. Maybe a magician?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayzy
09-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Since it's Cubs, do you have a local Order of the Arrow lodge that has OA Dancers?

hellokitty
09-15-2017, 03:52 PM
If nobody is allergic to latex, hire one of those balloon artists. I bet that he/she would get tons of request for balloon swords, given your theme. However, it is so entertaining. We went to a bday party and the kids AND adults fully enjoyed making balloon requests and the artists was amazingly talented.