PDA

View Full Version : While we're on the topic, how to you get the smell out of stinky cleats?

jerseygirl07067
09-24-2017, 09:51 PM
I've tried various things with some success. Zero Odor spray, Febreeze, leaving them out in the sun, coffee grounds in a sock, etc. What have you tried that really works?

trcy
09-24-2017, 10:20 PM
I have had luck using baking soda in stinky shoes. No BTDT with cleats though.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

urquie
09-24-2017, 10:42 PM
We've had these for a few weeks now and they have really helped DD's sticky cleats and basketball shoes! I move them around to whatever she's not wearing. :-)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099K6OVQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JBaxter
09-25-2017, 07:01 AM
I wash them on occasion but in reality Nothing. I leave them in the garage or outside our front door. When we go to tourneys I take a big zip lock bag to keep them in. I've tried about everything and they still stink.

squimp
09-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Yeah I agree it is tough! I would wash them on gentle. Stuff them with newspapers filled with febreeze.

Volleyball kneepads smell worse, but at least they are washable.

JBaxter
09-25-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeah I agree it is tough! I would wash them on gentle. Stuff them with newspapers filled with febreeze.

and I will raise you a set of Goalie Gloves ! LOL

JBaxter
09-25-2017, 03:43 PM

and I will raise you a set of Goalie Gloves ! LOL

mom2khj
09-25-2017, 03:52 PM
Nada. Closest thing that has ever worked for me is a spray called Tineacide. Best way is to always let them air out after use, before they get smelly. We have a special shelf in our garage for their cleats and backbacks to go on.

Real leather shoes helps too. They don't tend to get as smelly as the synthetics.

carolinamama
09-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Honestly I just try to avoid smelling them. They all stink!! Then again, cleats are nothing compared to the stink of DS2's lacrosse pads after a summer tournament. I had no idea my sweet boy could smell so nasty.

Cam&Clay
09-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Just keep them in the garage. Keeps the mice away.