PDA

View Full Version : Need mattress with no smell - Keetsa, Caspar, Saatva, etc?

mackmama
09-24-2017, 11:57 PM
We need a new mattress and want one that does **not smell** upon arrival. I've heard of these companies but don't know anything about them. A friend has been raving about some mattress in a box. We want something that can be used with a box spring because we don't want to sleep low to the floor, and that is comparable to a firm mattress with a pillowtop surface. Thanks for any recs - need this asap!

SnuggleBuggles
09-25-2017, 07:50 AM
They all do.
Buy it, unroll it in some out of the way spot, wait a week or so then try it. Repeat as needed. I imagine you don't "need" it tomorrow so you should be able to make this work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gymnbomb
09-25-2017, 08:23 AM
We got a Leesa this summer. It did smell for several days, but once it aired out it has been good. It only smelled enough to bother my husband for a day or two. I was pregnant and slept in the guest room for a few more days after he started using it since the smell bothered me more. We had also just painted the room, so it was the combination of the paint smell and new mattress smell.

jennilynn
09-25-2017, 01:52 PM
I bought an Avocado this summer and it didn't have a smell at all. There is a pillow top version though we have the regular one.

geochick
09-25-2017, 04:36 PM
We now have 2 Leesas. They smell for about 2 weeks. We unroll them and let them air out before using.

Pear
09-25-2017, 04:40 PM
I am extremely sensitive to smells and off-gassing. I had no problems with our Purple Mattress. I highly recommend it.

JenChem
09-25-2017, 09:04 PM
We tried Purple and I did not notice a smell. It didn't work out for me support wise (DH liked it), but they are a great company and I'd recommend trying them.

We ended up with a Serta Cobalt Firm from a regular mattress store, also no smell. I really like it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk