PDA

View Full Version : FB online selling questions and recommendations

Soccermomm
09-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Hi. I am trying really hard to sell items, donate and purge!

I am thinking of trying an online FB purse selling group. Seems like it would be easier than selling locally, as where i live, everyone wants to low ball. Is anyone here a member of a FB purse/handbag selling group? If so, would you mind posting link to it?

Also, if you can recommend any other FB groups that you sell/ship items to, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

TwoBees
09-25-2017, 10:52 AM
FWIW I think everyone always tries to lowball. It's part of the haggling process. I know I do it. When I post things for sale locally I usually start high (not crazy high, but definitely at the top of my "would like" price range) and have a lowest price in mind. I assume other people do the same thing and I figure that we meet in the middle somewhere. There is no loss in trying to bargain down a price. I have had people say "no"" and then I come back at their original price (when I am buying), and I have had people say "no but I can go to this price instead". It depends on how badly people want to sell and buy the item.

Remember that when receiving payment via PayPal, PayPal takes about 3% so make sure to factor that and shipping charges into your sales price, if not selling locally.

legaleagle
09-25-2017, 06:17 PM
There are a lot of brand specific purse groups - if you have nicer brands you might want to start there.

mom2binsd
09-25-2017, 06:32 PM
You could also try the nextdoor app, ours is pretty active and I've sold a few coach purses on it.