PDA

View Full Version : where to get a new iPhone quickly?

Reader
09-26-2017, 02:24 PM
DH waited for the new phone to come out, then ordered an iPhone 7 from AT&T. His current phone doesn't work at all. It was supposed to be here last week, but now they apparently have no idea when he will get it. The last person said December. He has spent about 3 hours with various AT&T reps trying to get a status update on the order, which just says in process. When he first ordered it, they said it would be here last Thursday 9/21. Where could he go to get a phone more quickly? We are getting ready to go out of town, and he'd like to have a working phone.

khm
09-26-2017, 02:31 PM
Are you buying it outright, or is it leased / under contract extension?

I've gotten phones at Best Buy and really liked how that worked out, but in your case, I'd go into an AT&T store so they can check on the status of the missing 7.

Best Buy / Target / etc will check in the AT&T to verify your eligibility and the missing phone might be a big snag in the process if it is lease / contract extension phone.

SnuggleBuggles
09-26-2017, 02:34 PM
We had that problem with ds1's SE. We got put on the waiting list and were told to expect several weeks. It became available in days.
I'd just start calling all the big box stores you can think of and AT&T locations.
eta- look at Newegg too. I just bought dh's new phone there. Legit site.

Reader
09-26-2017, 02:44 PM
We'll be buying it outright, only want to stay with AT&T because it's best cell service in the area. Thanks. I'll check those sites.

JBaxter
09-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Best buy, Costco, I believe even Target. Best buy & Costco have been our last 2.

chottumommy
09-26-2017, 02:54 PM
I got mine from Apple direct (with AT&T activated on it and all) next day shipping. No extra cost.

Reader
09-26-2017, 02:57 PM
Best buy, Costco, I believe even Target. Best buy & Costco have been our last 2.

Does Costco have them in store or do you have to order? I've never noticed an AT&T booth but I haven't been looking, either.

JBaxter
09-26-2017, 03:00 PM
Does Costco have them in store or do you have to order? I've never noticed an AT&T booth but I haven't been looking, either.

Depends on the carrier. Ours had most except Sprint ( my carrier) it took 2 days. Our Costco had a booth in the electronics section. You can get on line and see if your closest best buy has them instock also.

SnuggleBuggles
09-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Costco is a good bet too. They have pretty much all the carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khm
09-26-2017, 03:05 PM
I got mine from Apple direct (with AT&T activated on it and all) next day shipping. No extra cost.

I'd go this route if you are buying outright...... Do you have an apple store near you?