PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gift idea for 7yo boy?

mackmama
09-26-2017, 04:43 PM
Dear friend's son is turning 7yo. Any gift ideas under $50?

SnuggleBuggles
09-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Cool Lego set and gift receipt. Not all kids like Legos. :)
Board/ card games- put together a little basket with Sleeping Queens, Apples to Apples Jr or Apples to Apples Big Picture, Sorry maybe Catan Jr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaxter
09-26-2017, 04:50 PM
You would have to know a little about his likes and dislikes. Some kids are sporty some are more booky. What ever you buy add a gift receipt Even in Lego's there is a big variance some like basics some are into super hero some star wars. DS4 is 8 and he is vastly different than our neighbor who's the same age.

lalasmama
09-26-2017, 05:12 PM
I believe the correct answer is always...

Stomp Rockets!

SnuggleBuggles
09-26-2017, 05:37 PM
I believe the correct answer is always...

Stomp Rockets!

Really? We've received a few sets and they've collected dust. I think each kid played with them one time. I know people on here love them but they were a dud for us. There's no pleasing everyone, huh? :)

JBaxter
09-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Really? We've received a few sets and they've collected dust. I think each kid played with them one time. I know people on here love them but they were a dud for us. There's no pleasing everyone, huh? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Same here. I actually paid my 8 yr old for a super hero Lego set so I could regift it. I know others that at just not into logos at all

JenChem
09-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Most of my DS's 7-8 year old friends are into Pokemon. Legos are only meh here. Stomp Rockets are well loved.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1mom2dylan
09-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Gift card to toys r us���� Or GameStop

baymom
09-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Nerf guns with extra bullets. I know toy guns are a bit controversial, but my kids loved these and you can never have too many.

essnce629
09-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Most of my DS's 7-8 year old friends are into Pokemon. Legos are only meh here. Stomp Rockets are well loved.

Yep, my 8 year old has asked only for Pokemon cards for the past 2 years. Any money he gets he spends on Pokemen cards. Unlike DS1, he has never been into Legos, especially the sets. He has a bin of Legos that he sometimes uses to build his own creations, but he's never actually put together any of the many sets he's been gifted over the years. DS1 on the other hand was obsessed with Lego sets for years. Also, we've gotten Stomp Rockets but they always just end in the neighbors' yards after about 5 minutes and the fun is gone!

essnce629
09-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Gift card to toys r us���� Or GameStop

Didn't they just file for bankruptcy? We haven't stepped foot in a TRU in years! Amazon is way cheaper!

JBaxter
09-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Didn't they just file for bankruptcy? We haven't stepped foot in a TRU in years! Amazon is way cheaper!

Yes they did and the game stop is 30 minutes away here. Target or Amazon is my go to gift card places.

meggie t
09-26-2017, 08:04 PM
My son is 7. Still very into Legos. Loves Snap Circuits, racing sets (Hotwheels, Matchbox), board games (Monopoly Jr., Scrabble Jr., although he might be getting old enough for the regular version). He doesn't know what Pokémon is (I only know it's cards) so that wouldn't do much. If you don't know what he's into, I'd do anything with a gift receipt.

mackmama
09-27-2017, 12:09 AM
OP here - he's into Legos and Pokemon but I have no idea what ones he has of either. Won't do a gift card. No guns. He has some delays, so I'm just not sure of his attention span for board games. He's very into "boy stuff" lol. Does this give you any other ideas?

baymom
09-27-2017, 12:15 AM
How about a hot wheels track? DS used to have these flexible tracks that you could set up from the couch, or bookcase or anything. You could even loop it to do a loop-d-loop and then race two cars against each other. Wish I knew the exact name, but they were yellow and hot wheels brand and got A LOT of play--even fun for adults!

mackmama
09-27-2017, 12:46 AM
Thanks for everyone's help. I just found some great STEM toys that I think will be a huge hit... dig up fossil mines by national geo that looks awesome. plus a break-open geodes kit.

SnuggleBuggles
09-27-2017, 07:46 AM
Thanks for everyone's help. I just found some great STEM toys that I think will be a huge hit... dig up fossil mines by national geo that looks awesome. plus a break-open geodes kit.

Just grab a gift receipt. :)