PDA

View Full Version : Pimples!

gamma
09-28-2017, 02:30 PM
My DGS who is 14, is getting pimples on his chin and upper lip. Of course it’s right in the area that he shaves every few days. Any suggestions of what to put on them or maybe sea breeze astringent?

SnuggleBuggles
09-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Our pediatrician recommends regular benzoyl peroxide stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
09-28-2017, 04:45 PM
My DD sees a dermatologist, and she also suggests a benzoyl peroxide wash (they have pads as well, but I think the wash is better). Use a spot treatment as well like Clearasil or another brand that has benzoyl peroxide. I would not use Sea breeze (do they even make that anymore?) where he is shaving as it will burn his skin!

Also, avoid Proactive, it's overpriced and doesn't really work that great, you can get good results buying OTC stuff for mild pimples.

If it starts to get bad quickly, which it did for my DD, go see a dermatologist, plus if they get prescription stuff, it's often cheaper.

StantonHyde
09-28-2017, 10:53 PM
Make sure he puts hand sanitizer on his razor after he uses it (assuming not electric)--that way it doesn't harbor bacteria. Washing, neosporin, and OTC benzoyl stuff should mostly do the trick--wash and benzoyl 2x a day. The hardest part is not picking at it!!

mom2khj
09-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Panoxyl face wash and differin gel. Both are OTC and work wonders.

mom2khj
09-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Oops! Double posted for some reason!

sunshiney
11-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Yes benzoyl peroxide is a good option.