PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a paper shredding service?

Globetrotter
10-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Has anyone used a paper shredding service? I'm thinking about doing this because our shredder gets overheated and I've even broken a shredder before due to shredding a huge volume of paper! We have a lot..

SnuggleBuggles
10-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Our state senator hosts regular shredding drop off events. They're free and convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pharmjenn
10-06-2017, 11:04 PM
My MIL uses one regularly. She says she takes a couple large bags to them and watches them dump them into the shredder.
I am a credit union member and ours has a confidential paper bin (small opening to a large bin) where you can dump your papers in and they take them to shred. If you are a member of one, or even just have a credit union near you that offers this, they don't ask for ID when you walk in with paperwork.

DualvansMommy
10-06-2017, 11:06 PM
We use couple of methods to do our shredding in volume. One is DH takes bags of papers to his work where his office has a huge industrial shredder machine. The other is through our county free shredder days every 2-3 months at different sites throughout my county. We take advantage of that often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

abh5e8
10-07-2017, 04:55 PM
What do you mean by a lot? We end up with about two paper grocery sacks full each month. I take them to work and use the boxes there. (Tiny slit to push the papers into. )

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Globetrotter
10-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Great ideas!! It never occurred to me to look for free services. I think it's a garbage bag full 😬

niccig
10-09-2017, 10:30 AM
I take a bankers box to a local shredder for $10 a box.

Another way is to put paper in a bucket, pour in water and wait for it to become a sodden mess - the paper disintegrates and can’t be read.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)