PDA

View Full Version : Chicken thighs in IP?

TwoBees
10-08-2017, 09:05 PM
I have a slow cooker recipe I would like to covert to use in the IP. Any idea if this will work and if I will need to modify it at all? Do I need to increase the liquid?
I have chicken thighs instead of drumsticks.

2 1/2 - 3 Pounds chicken drumsticks
1/2 Cup ketchup
1/4 Cup water
1/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
1 envelope onion soup mix

Arrange chicken in slow cooker, combiner remaining ingredients, pour over chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
http://crockingirls.com/recipes/chicken-in-a-hurry/

mikala
10-08-2017, 10:51 PM
I think it should work. I think technically the Instant Pot is supposed to have 1 c of liquid to come to pressure but I've cooked recipes with a bit less. If you wanted to be certain you could up the water to 1/2 c but I'd chance it as is.

essnce629
10-09-2017, 12:38 PM
I'd increase the water to 1/2 cup and cook on high for 8 minutes. I always cook my thighs in the IP for 8 minutes. Do a natural, not quick, release.

TwoBees
10-12-2017, 08:26 AM
I think it should work. I think technically the Instant Pot is supposed to have 1 c of liquid to come to pressure but I've cooked recipes with a bit less. If you wanted to be certain you could up the water to 1/2 c but I'd chance it as is.

I'd increase the water to 1/2 cup and cook on high for 8 minutes. I always cook my thighs in the IP for 8 minutes. Do a natural, not quick, release.

Thank you both! I took your suggestions and the chicken came out really well.