PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Mom question

SAHMIL
10-08-2017, 11:57 PM
So for our next tournament we will be staying in a hotel with a kitchen. Hotel serves breakfast. Figured I would try to save money on some meals. So bringing stuff for sandwiches. What do you recommend for trying to save money for dinner? Thought about bringing my crockpot . Ideas ? Me, DH and DS is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindra178
10-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Do you have an instant pot? Or Trader Joe’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

SAHMIL
10-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Instant pot yes . TJ no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
10-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Does your team sometimes do team meals? Do you know your schedule yet?

Our hockey team has done taco's, used sign up genius to assign all the ingredients, some did beef, others the chicken, and others all the toppings needed and other items like appetizers etc.

We usually only do one team potluck meal if our schedule works, or else we end up either going out to someplace that can accommodate a large group, or ordering in pizza etc.

I'd check first with the team, I know my kid would not want to miss out on any of the "team" meals.

mikala
10-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Do you have an oven? We've baked pans of pasta while traveling. Things like lasagna, trays of Costco mac and cheese or similar. Add some garlic bread, salad or baby carrots and fruit.

Prepared pulled pork or cooked meatballs could be microwaved for sandwiches.

heatherlynn
10-09-2017, 09:05 PM

Our hockey team has done taco's, used sign up genius to assign all the ingredients, some did beef, others the chicken, and others all the toppings needed and other items like appetizers etc.

We usually only do one team potluck meal if our schedule works, or else we end up either going out to someplace that can accommodate a large group, or ordering in pizza etc.

I'd check first with the team, I know my kid would not want to miss out on any of the "team" meals.

:yeahthat:

smilequeen
10-10-2017, 01:21 PM

Ditto. My sons would never miss being with their team and we always have team meals. I guess occasionally we are on our own but we always end up in groups anyway.