PDA

View Full Version : What's the best deal for flu shots this year?

candaceb
10-10-2017, 04:13 PM
I am not looking to debate the merits of flu shots; you don't need to tell me that the one year you got one was the year you got the flu - I am on immunosuppressive drugs for RA and I have to get a flu shot.
I was at Target today and saw that they are giving a $5 coupon.
Kroger donates a meal to the hungry.

What's the best deal out there this year? I miss the good old days before CVS took over when Target would give a 10% off whole purchase coupon.

gymnbomb
10-10-2017, 04:26 PM
CVS gives a coupon, but not sure how much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
10-10-2017, 04:41 PM
My town was doling them out for free today. There seem to be a million free drop in/ pop up options all over my city. Maybe ask your local friends or social media peeps what they know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCGrandma
10-10-2017, 04:56 PM
CVS gives a coupon, but not sure how much.

They're advertising $5 off $25 purchase -- I assume this is CVS-wide.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

candaceb
10-10-2017, 05:14 PM
My town was doling them out for free today. There seem to be a million free drop in/ pop up options all over my city. Maybe ask your local friends or social media peeps what they know.

mine is free with insurance, so I'm just looking for the best benefit - Target is my default.

MMMommy
10-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Safeway offers a 10% off coupon for later use with every flu shot.

HannaAddict
10-10-2017, 10:38 PM
They have always been free, as our health insurance pays for them as preventative care, and our local drug store or the pediatrician just bills the insurance. No out of pocket.

pharmjenn
10-11-2017, 11:43 AM
We have never been able to get them free from the drugstore. Luckily, I get it at work, and the pediatrician does a clinic, so we only have to pay for my DH. Even though it is covered by insurance, none of DH docs provide it so he ends up paying. We usually just do CVS since that is where we shop.

MSWR0319
10-11-2017, 04:19 PM
We have never been able to get them free from the drugstore. Luckily, I get it at work, and the pediatrician does a clinic, so we only have to pay for my DH. Even though it is covered by insurance, none of DH docs provide it so he ends up paying. We usually just do CVS since that is where we shop.

Have you ever tried to run it through insurance when you get it at CVS? Our insurance covers flu shots, and the one time we got them at CVS they just ran our insurance card and it was covered. I think we had to give them our medical insurance card since they don't have it on file, but I don't remember for sure.

georgiegirl
10-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Have you ever tried to run it through insurance when you get it at CVS? Our insurance covers flu shots, and the one time we got them at CVS they just ran our insurance card and it was covered. I think we had to give them our medical insurance card since they don't have it on file, but I don't remember for sure.

We’ve tried and our insurance only covers them when given in our system’s clinics. It’s so annoying! I don’t want to pull the kids out of school for a flu shot. Fortunately the hospital DH works for has a minute clinic in the grocery store and it covers those flu shots.

azzeps
10-15-2017, 03:51 PM
I really think they should give out chocolate. Or brownies. Or maybe a mani/pedi. I don't like shots.

geochick
10-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Our insurance covers 100% of our shots when we use Walgreens. We got ours today. :) Fun times.

klwa
10-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Back to the original question: I think about the best I've seen is the $5 coupon from Target. I keep meaning to run by & do mine so I can get it, and keep forgetting...

trcy
10-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Not sure if you have Publix grocery stores near you, but they are advertising a $10 gift card when you get a flu shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

jenstring95
10-16-2017, 11:05 PM
My whole family went to Target. Seems like a good deal for them to pay me to get a shot, and we let the kids spend their money (which made the shot more palatable).

Pear
10-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Our cvs is advertsing a 25% off coupon, but the prices are so inflated to begin with that I don’t think it’s a great deal.

Our shots are only covered if given as part of our doctor’s appts. So Dd can get her shot at the allergist for free, but we have to pay since it isn’t our visit even though they will happily dole shots out to the whole family. DH just started a new job so he will just pay to get it done at a pharmacy. That way he doesn’t have to miss work just to get a simple shot.