PDA

View Full Version : Any links/ blogs with pics of cute footwear for cold, snowy winters?

ourbabygirl
11-01-2017, 05:44 PM
I do have a couple pairs of 'booties,' but now that the weather's getting colder & snowy, I need something to wear indoors where I won't have to expose my ankles by rolling up my pants to wear with said booties. :). Everything I'm finding in store windows, on mannequins, etc. is showing the rolled up pant leg with booties, and I just can't do that all winter.
The couple of blogs I follow (Sheaffertoldmeto and Putting me together), the women live in TX and CA, and won't have the same problem I do with the cold and snow.

Any links you could share of pictures or blogs with styling suggestions in snowy winters? I have some old tall boots, but they're not very cute anymore (both by Clarks), and I'm not crazy about adding more (visual) weight to my calves, but will, if that's basically the only choice. I've tried Frye riding boots, and while I love the look/ style, they're too stiff for me in the sole, and the leather feels pretty stiff, too. (And even on sale on Amazon, they weren't worth it to me to keep them unless they were awesome.)
Are some sort of motorcycle boots an option? Or something else I can't think of?

Thanks so much!

smilequeen
11-02-2017, 12:49 AM
I don't have links, but I generally wear Ugg rain boots (I have black and leopard print) for slushy days with a warm liner.

https://www.ugg.com/women-boots/shaye/1012350.html#start=29&cgid=women-cold-weather-boots

I have Sorel boots for true snow days (we have very few here).

Otherwise, I wear tall boots with the skinny jeans or leggings...just bought a few colors of over the knee boots since they are more on trend now, but Sam Edelman Penny boots are flat and buttery soft and pretty classic. When it gets colder I honestly just pair my booties with boot cut jeans instead or I wear them with leggings (rarely).

georgiegirl
11-02-2017, 06:08 AM
I have some leather uggs (not their traditional style) that I like with shearling inside. One is like a moto boot (shorter), and the other is tall (brooks style)

jgenie
11-02-2017, 07:47 AM
I mostly wear moto boots with skinny jeans or under bootcut jeans. I have a pair of leather uggs (not the usual style) for cold but dry days. I wear Aquatalia moto boots if it’s rainy or slushy. I bought mine from 6pm and wear them almost all winter. They are super comfy.

PunkyBoo
11-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Maybe try the Penny Pincher Fashion blog. I thing she lives in NY state. This week she was wearing a couple different boots with jeans, with the socks peeking out the top to cover the gap.

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2017, 12:13 PM
I’ve never done the ankle roll/ bootie thing (well, maybe once). I just wear the booties like shoes. Usually the pants are tucked into the booties but sometimes not. Depends on the pants.
Eta- I have several cute pairs of sneakers that I wear regularly. Some tall bots as well. I would never just have booties in my rotation. :)

Kindra178
11-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Living in Yellow. Mom Edit. Kelly in the City. One Little Momma. Katie Did What. These are some cold weather bloggers.

The trend this year is tuck jeans into booties. I wear a lot of non snow boot Sorels all winter. They are all at least water resistant if not waterproof. Check out their website. Lots of great options. I just got the waterproof Amelie. My fav is the Lea Wedge. I have in gray but I am going to buy in black on Black Friday. A few more choices:

Joan of Arctic Wedge Mid (these are the perfect height to tuck into skinny jeans)
The addington line is super comfy as well
I'm obsessed with these: https://www.sorel.com/womens-fiona-otk-lux-boot-1749651.html?cgid=women-boots&dwvar_1749651_variationColor=010#start=12

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2017, 01:29 PM
The trend this year is tuck jeans into booties.

Woo hoo! Ahead of trends here. ;)

boilermakermom
11-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Interesting. I was thinking I would be sad to put away my Tom's booties once it gets colder. I can't stand exposed skin, so rolling skinny jeans with booties doesn't work for me once its below 45-50 degrees.

I don't know how I would tuck jeans into the booties though....

Any recs for cute moto boots?

PunkyBoo
11-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Here are some ideas I found via Google search. So I think your skinny jeans can be tucked into nice chunky socks, not really into the boots themselves.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/aea108b12ed35ae0f076508c6868d6bd.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171107/20f7c6777afb95ed50a512a4fd9c9d90.jpg
Eta- check Penny Pincher Fashion blog in 11/1/17- she shows duck boots with jeans tucked in, and some other boots with the chunky socks showing.